Chapter 39. Satellites

A/N: Make sure to read the final author's note. Song on the side is Satellites by SWS, picture is of Bethany's outfit. Enjoy.

Chapter 39. Satellites

~Kellin~

I never thought I would be watching my ex girlfriend, the mother of my first born, marry the man she cheated on me for two and a half years with. It's weird to even think about her walking down an aisle in a big white gown, only to meet someone at the end. Someone she spent two and a half years cheating on me with. Still, I stood up, along with everyone else, as her father escorted her down the aisle of the church.

Once we sat down I looked over at Della and Allix, who sat in between Summer and I. Next to Summer was, to my dismay, Destery. Next to Destery was one of Bethany's cousins. I would have loved to sit next to Scarlett instead of Des, but she's one of the flower girls so she's a part of the wedding.

Throughout the ceremony I would glance over at Summer. Whenever she caught me looking I'd either look away or make a funny face. She'd grin and blush no matter what I did. When I went to Oregon two weeks ago we didn't do much talking. We kissed for about an hour, then almost had sex, then ate lunch in comfortable silence, and then I left. We decided to talk on March fifth, the day of Beth and Mason's wedding, instead of over the phone, through texting, or FaceTime. We had to talk in person.

I put my attention back on the couple getting married, just in time to listen to Bethany's vows. "I Bethany take you Mason to be my lawfully wedded husband. You have been my rock, my sanctuary, my friend, my love, and my partner in crime for the past five years that we've been together. I've appreciated every second. Your kindness, carefulness, and big heart has inspired me. You have made be a better person and a better partner. You've brought me much joy, hope, and faith. I promise I will love you in the best and the most challenging times. I will be by your side as we chase our dreams; you will never be alone or forgotten. But above all I will always be proud to say that I'm the person you chose to spend the rest of your life with. I love you."

I looked back to Summer and bit my lip. I felt my cheeks turn red. Summer was already looking at me. She'd been looking the whole time. The faint sound of clapping and cheering could be heard through my ears, but I tried to focus on Summer. What Beth said in her vows really made me think. Summer has inspired me, brought me happiness, and has been by my side, even after we divorced. It'd be silly for Summer and I to get back together, right? Besides, we don't even know what's going to happen. We haven't even talked about us yet.

Everyone stood up to leave the church and go to the close by dance hall the reception is at. I held the giggling twins as we walked to the parking lot. I got into my car and strapped Della and Allix into their seats. Next to me Destery and Summer were climbing into their car they rented for their stay in Michigan. Before Summer climbed into the drivers seat she leaned over to whisper in my ear.

"Text me when we get there. We can find somewhere to be alone."

----

The rental car that Summer and Destery drove pulled into the parking lot of the hall at 7:02 PM, an hour and two minutes after the ceremony started. I watched from the window as I sat politely at my table. The people sat at the same table as me were Summer, Della, Allix, Destery, and two of Mason's friends. When I got here with my daughters, only three minutes before Summer, I texted her to meet me in the empty coat closet near the entrance of the dance hall. I know a coat closet is lame, not very romantic, and quite frankly a terrible place to have a conversation, but we needed to be alone. I watched her and Destery standing in the entrance. She whispered something to him before sneaking a wink at me and pretending to head to the restroom.