Warped Tour 2013

Just a recap of my Warped day :)

When we first got to Ventura my mom, brother, and I were so lost! The gates opened at 11:00 a.m. and we didn't get in until 11:36. I ended up missing most of The Summer Set's show but I did get to catch Boomerang. That song live is amazing. 

We walked around and looked at merch. I was stunned the entire time. I couldn't believe I was at Warped! I watched Gabe Kubanda and even got a picture with him. The picture is on the side. 

At 2:00 p.m. I got ready to watch Memphis May Fire. Bring Me The Horizon were playing while I waited and I fell in love with BMTH. I've never really been into their music but after the live show I couldn't understand how I've never liked them before. 

The MMF crowd was insane! The crowd was my all time favorite, but the show was hard to hear. I got caught up in the pit, had crowd surfers thrown at me, and a girls ponytail in my face. It was awesome! The crowd was epic, angry, and the best! 

After that I bought some merch and then headed to the BVB show about 20 minutes before they performed. That was probably my favorite performance, mostly because I had an amazing place in the audience. No one crowd surfed (that I know of) and I completely rocked out. Jinxx played the violin during I Am Bulletproof and kept making very creepy faces. Watching him play the violin was crazy though! He's great at it and it made the BVB show extremely different and unique from all the others I saw. They also played Rebel Yell, which made me really happy.

I got to go to the BANDHAPPY workshop with Matty Mullins and Kellin Quinn. That was great. Before Kellin came (Matty came a few minutes before him) we sang Happy Birthday to Matty. He told us his voice wasn't too good and that it didn't really matter since he wouldn't have to sing for an hour. We said we would sing to him instead of the other way around. Before Kellin got there Matty was like, "Guys I'm sorry but Kellin won't be here today." and everyone starting freaking out! It was hilarious, especially when he said he was just kidding. He told us it would matter though since he did a lot of the talking anyway. He did, but that's okay. I learned a lot about the music industry and how difficult it's going to be when first starting a band and getting big. They were 100% honest with us and I'm very lucky I got to go. Afterwards we took a picture and hopefully I will see it sooner or later. 

At 7:10 p.m. I watched Never Shout Never. I got a couple pictures and if you follow me on Instagram (@calistaspohn) you can see one. There was streamers, confetti, and A LOT of booty shaking. We all got down and danced with one another, which was rad. 

After NSN was Sleeping With Sirens. During the first song, which was James Dean, I was squished the entire time and had crowd surfers falling all around me. Not the best was to start a set, but whatever. I was pumped throughout the whole thing an even helped a guy out with his girlfriend. I was standing next to his girl and there was a spot to move closer in front of us. She said I could go ahead and take the spot but I saw her boyfriend and I was like, "You can have it." The boy turned back to my after they took the spot and said thanks, which made me feel cool. SWS played Congratulations and Matty came out. They played Roger Rabbit and he all swayed our arms. Lastly, they played If You Can't Hang and of course in the beginning Kellin talked about the word "fuck". He told us the fuck could either be like, "Fuck you!" angrily to some dude in the crowd or you could see someone attractive and say, "Hey maybe you'd liked to come back to my place so I could fuck you." Over all it was obviously very educational.

After SWS I watched one more band. The Exposed. The Exposed is a great band that had the best time on stage. Check them out if you haven't. I love them and am so glad I saw them. If you are going to Warped Tour 2013 make sure to check them out! If you already went and didn't see them then shame on you! Just kidding, it's cool. But seriously, check out The Exposed. 

I ended up going home with great memories and cool merch. I got a PTV shirt from the Fearless Records tent and a free Fearless Records sample CD. On the CD it has Tonight Alive, blessthefall, Pierce The Veil, and many more. I also bought an orange and white Matty Mullins face tank, a BVB tank, and an SWS Feel tank. I bought a $15 Vans tank top (which I'm in love with) and got a free Vans wallet with my purchase! 

I can't believe I, a little five foot tall thirteen year old, was in four HUGE crowds! It made me feel loved and like I belonged for once. I mean, all of us in those crowds were there for the same reasons; we love music and we all deal with things at home that we need an escape from. 

When I got out of school I was considering suicide. The other night, about a week ago, I set the date. Yesterday, on June 23rd, I was given hope. Even though people won't always be there for you music will. Music is an escape. I got to go to Warped Tour and escape everything at home. I scratched the date off my calendar and I'm going to try to be happy and live life the way I want to, just like yesterday. I want to always be that. I always want to be a happy, reckless, carefree rebel. Warped Tour gave me the hope and possibly that I can be that. 

I'm glad I went. I'm glad you all helped me go. I love you all and I hope you enjoy the rest of this story. I'm excited for the rest of it. I'm going to write it the way I want, which will be great. 

Enjoy guys. I love you.

Oh, and P.S. June 23, 2013 = Best day ever!