Chapter 4. Congratulations

Congrats

~Kellin~

"Smile!" the photographer said.

My arm tightened around Summer as he took the picture. I wanted to me as close as possible to my bride. I've never felt more… in love with her. 

Everyone besides my groomsmen, her bridesmaids, and Scarlett were in the reception room for cocktail hour. We are currently outside the hotel taking pictures. 

"Perfect!"

Our wedding party walked a few feet away to get a picture of just them. I held Scarlett in my arms while Summer hugged us both, sandwiching Scarlett. "I can't believe it. We're finally married."

"I know," I mumbled. "It's insane. I love you Summer. Always."

"And forever," she agreed. "I love you right back."

I leaned down to kiss her forehead. Scarlett giggled in between us. That made us pull apart and laugh. 

The photographer came back over to us. "I think that's enough pictures for now. Throughout the night I will be taking more. Are you guys ready to go inside?" I checked my watch. The ceremony began at six and ended I believe at six thirty. It's seven twenty now. It'll be seven thirty by the time we get in there. So, now is a good time. 

We nodded and began walking to the reception room. In my left arm I held Scarlett. She was pressed against my side. With my right hand I held Summer's left tightly. 

She looked so beautiful today. Her dress fit her perfectly. It hugged her flawless curves. It covered all the obscene places, only making me more anxious for later tonight, when we're alone. 

Her hair was wavy with a veil in it. Her shinny earrings sparkled in the sunset as we took pictures. Her fingers wore three rings that meant so much to her. Her feet were covered by heels, just as fancy as my shoes. Her tattoos were visible and her lip and nose were ringless. 

We waited by the doors leading to the room. Two by two, each member of our wedding party walked into the room, the ladies being escorted like they were down the aisle. Last but not least, I lead in Summer as Sierra said, "Lastly, Mr. and Mrs. Quinn!" Clapping erupted. 

All the tables in the room, besides one, were round. The one closest to the dance floor, in between that and the wall, was the one we were at. It was long and rectangular. Also, everyone could see us from where they were sat, and vice versa. 

But, Summer and I did not get to sit in our seats. Oh no. My mom took Scarlett from my arms and put her in her high chair next to my seat. We were lead to the middle of the dance floor for our first dance as husband and wife. 

I smiled and placed my hands on her waist. She handed the bouquet in her hand to Mom and wrapped her arms around my neck. As I expected, the acoustic version of Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls began to play. Well, half expected. I knew Iris would be playing, but not the acoustic version. Maybe Marina, our "DJ" for the evening, thought it'd be better. 

We danced in small circles throughout the song. During half of it our foreheads were rested on each others while we looked into each others eyes. Then I leaned in to kiss her, and since then have been kissing her lips, cheek, and forehead while we danced. 

When the song ended I pulled her to our table as people clapped and tapped their forks to their glasses, signaling for us to kiss. We did without resistance. 

Marina, who held a microphone and wore a bass, handed Matty the mic. He stood from his seat between Scarlett and Jesse. 

"Hello everyone! I'm Matty, Kellin's best man. I hope you've all enjoyed your night so far. The ceremony was great, and the bride looks amazing." Matty paused for a second as our guests (mostly male guests) cheered. "I would like to propose a toast to the happy couple! It's an honor to be here today and be apart of this beautiful wedding.

"My wife and I were talking to Kellin about twenty minutes before the wedding. He had the biggest grin on his face, it was hard for him to even talk! He's always been one to be happy about most everything, but I've never seen him more happy! His grin only grew as he saw Summer walk down the aisle. You could just tell throughout the ceremony that these two are a perfect pairing blessed by God himself.

"Kellin, you are a lucky man. Summer, you are beautiful, gracious, and kind. I wish you both well and hope that all your troubles are little ones. I raise my glass to honor you both. I ask all of you to do this as well. Please raise and drink and toast to the lovely bride and the lucky groom. Congratulations, you two." We all raised our glasses and took a sip of whatever drink we each hand. Everyone clapped for Matty's speech. 

It was Blu's turn next. She stood, her baby bump very visible in her dress, and grabbed the mic from Matty. "Hi everyone. I'm Blu, the very proud maid of honor to the glamorous bride. I want to start by saying congratulations to the bride and groom. Thank you both for letting me be apart of your special day. 

"Summer, I want you to know that you look so beautiful today. Thank you for choosing me to be your maid of honor. You're my best friend and have been since we were twelve. You bring so much joy not only into Kellin's or my life, but everyone else's too. You're a wonderful person," Blu said. Summer was blushing and looking down, smiling at her lap. 

"I'm lucky to have you as a best friend, Summer. You've been a wonderful friend and person since the day I met you. I love your infectious laugh, big heart, and creative mind. I will always be by your side to support you. Today, I'm by your side supporting you on your wedding day as you celebrate with Kellin. 

"Kells, you've picked a great woman to be your wife. Remember to take good care of her and always keep her laughing and smiling. You are an awesome guy, so I expect you to be awesome to Summer. Don't make her mad, or I'll have it out for you. Always remember, chicks before… dudes…" Blu winked and giggled. Laughter filled the room. 

"I'd like to make a toast to Mr. and Mrs. Quinn. I love you both. I hope your marriage is long and full of laughter because of each other, learning from each other, and love for each other. Let's all raise our glasses and drink to the marriage of these two, shall we?" 

And we cheered to her toast. 

She sat back down and handed me the mic. In stead of standing I stayed in my seat. My right hand with still holding onto Summer's left hand as if my life depended on it. "Thank you everyone for coming. And thank you Blu and Matty for your words. They mean a lot to us. We love you guys too."

Marina took the microphone from me as our food was served. For Summer's sake our wedding dinner was (mostly) vegetarian friendly; pasta, salad, bread, and chicken. Summer obviously did not eat the chicken. 

While eating music began to play. Fast paced music. People got up from their seats to dance. It was fun to see all our guests get up and dance like no one was watching. After a little bit Summer and I even danced. 

We danced for a little while longer before cutting the cake and "feeding" each other a piece. And by feeding I mean her shoving a bite in my face. I got her back by doing the same, some crumbs falling into her dress and decorating her face. Summer and I cleaned ourself from the crumbs.

We let everyone eat and enjoy cake before Summer got into the middle of the dance floor with her tossing bouquet. All the single ladies we invited to our wedding, and even some who aren't single, gathered around her to try and catch her flowers. In the crowd of women I recognized all of Summer's bridesmaids, Marina, Ciera, and even Melody. Summer turned her back to the crowd and threw the small bouquet backwards. Hailee's want for the flowers must have been the strongest, because she caught them. 

After that, Jesse, Jack, Justin, and Gabe pulled a chair to the middle of the dance floor, facing everyone. They pushed Summer to sit down and brought me over to her. Garter time. I winked and her and got down on my knees, my hands immediately reaching under her dress. Her dress was too tight for me to pull the garter off with my teeth. 

"Kellin!" she squealed. "That tickles!" Her face was red from either embarrassment or the way my hands tickled her legs. I don't understand how it could tickle. All that was doing for me was turning me on. She has such nice, smooth, long legs. 

I pulled the throwing garter off and stood to my feet. A crowd of guys, much like the ladies, swarmed me. Summer moved out of the way while I turned my back towards everyone and flung the garter somewhere behind me. I turned to see who had it. Ian. 

He and Hailee posed for a picture with their things as I checked the time on my watch. Summer and I had about thirty more minutes before we leave for some alone time. We decided yesterday during rehearsal that at eleven tonight or so we would say goodbye and go to our room in the hotel. Like the amazing husband I am, I got us the honeymoon suite for this night and this night only. Tomorrow night we'll be on our way to our honeymoon. 

Scarlett will be staying with Beth while we're gone for the week. Tomorrow sometime I will take her over to her house. Tonight, she will be staying with my sister and her husband. 

Finally, it was time for the last slow song of the night. Everyone cleared the dance floor so my bride and I could dance alone. Marina was on the bass, CC on the drums, and Ian on the acoustic guitar while Blu and Matty were going to sing. I don't know what song, but I guess I'll find out super soon. 

Matty chuckled into the microphone on the small stage near the dance floor. "Alright guys, this is the last slow dance of the night! Blu and I are going to be singing You And Me by Lifehouse. Here we go…"

I placed my hands on her waist again and she wrapped her arms around my neck, again. 

Blu began softly singing. "What day is it? And in what month? This clock never seemed so alive. I can't keep up, and I can't back down. I've been losing so much time…"

Summer and I danced in circles as our best friends sang for us. I was a little afraid to tighten my grip on her waist, to be honest. At this moment she seemed so fragile. I wanted to take her to our room, yes, but not to fuck. I wanted to show we how much I love her, and that she's the love of my life. 

"'Cause it's you, and me, and all of the people… With nothing to do, nothing to lose… And it's you, and me, and all of the people… And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you," Blu and Matty sang together. 

That's what this actually felt like. Everyone was here for me and Summer. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. 

"All of the things that I want to say just aren't coming out right. I'm tripping on words, you got my head spinning. I don't know where to go from here," Matty sang. 

"'Cause it's you, and me, and all of the people… With nothing to do, nothing to lose… And it's you, and me, and all of the people… And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you…"

Blu's voice filled the room. "Something about you now, I can't quite figure out…"

Matty powerfully sang, "Everything she does is beautiful. Everything she does is right…"

"'Cause it's you, and me, and all of the people… With nothing to do, nothing to lose… And it's you, and me, and all of the people… And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you, and me, and all of the people… With nothing to do and nothing to prove… And it's you, and me, and all of the people… And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you." 

Summer rested her head on my shoulder, sighing contently. I'm lucky to have her. I really am. She's gorgeous, funny, sweet, caring, fearless, kind, talented, and just the complete definition of perfect. She's perfect for me. 

"What day is it? And in what month? This clock never seemed so alive…" As the song ended we stopped dancing. I walked up onto the small stage. Since my hand was holding Summer's she came with me. 

I hugged each of them, and did my bride, and grabbed the microphone from Matty's stand. It's time to say thank you for coming before Summer and I leave. "Guys, thank you all for being here tonight. Today has for sure been the best day ever. I got to marry the love of my life." Summer smirked at my comment. "Babe, I can't wait to spend everyday of my life waking up with you as my wife. I know things won't be easy with us both being touring musicians, but we'll make it work. We'll make all our bumps in the road work. We're in this together. I wouldn't want to be in this with anyone else. You're my closest friend, my reason for wanting to be such a good musician, my inspiration, my love, and my everything. I'm happy to have you as not only my love, but my wife. I love you, Mrs. Quinn…"

"I love you back, my handsome husband. Always and forever," Summer promised. She sealed her promise with a quick kiss. 

"Aww!" our guests exclaimed. 

I chuckled as I pulled away. "Have fun for the rest of the night, everyone! My bride and I are heading out. Goodnight and thanks to everyone!"

Before leaving we hugged and thanked special people personally. Like my parents, Melody, our siblings, our wedding party, and, of course, our daughter. We both each gave her a kiss and then headed out of the reception room, remembering to grab a few things. 

We walked down a few halls and to the elevator. We got in and I pressed the top floor button. I looked to my right and smiled at my wife. "I love you, Summer…" I whispered. 

"I love you too. A lot. Today has been the best day of my life. Thank you."

The elevator dinged and the doors opened. I basically dragged her down the hall while she giggled. We stopped at the last door at the end of the hallway. The door had in gold cursive writing "HONEYMOON SUITE". I felt around in my back pocket until I felt the key card. I opened the door to our room, but didn't walk in. I slid the card back into my pocket and surprised Summer by picking her up bridal style. I carried her over the threshold, kicked the door shut behind me.

I pressed my lips to hers. She wrapped her arms around my neck and tangled her fingers in my hair. Our lips moved together as I laid her down on the bed and threw my suit jacket somewhere on the floor. I laid myself down next to her, half my body on hers. 

She pulled away, earning a groan from me. "Kellin, wait!" she gasped, out of breath. 

"What?" I groaned. 

She giggled at my neediness. "I just want to tell you that I love you and this has been the best day of my life. You mean so much to me, and I just… thank you, Kellin. Thank you for making me who I am today, being there for me and with me, for being my husband, and for loving me."

"Summer, I love you more than life itself. Don't ever think any less. I'm a lucky man to have you as my wife. Thank you…"

"Okay, that's all I wanted to tell you. You may kiss me now."

And I did. I kissed her with all I had. I put so much love into the kiss, it was crazy. 

I'm glad she told me that. I wanted to tell her I loved her too. It's good that I got that out of my mind. 

Now I only had one thing on my mind. How do I get this dress off of her and how fast can I do it? 

A/N: I hope you all liked this chapter. Can I get three comments? Please and thank you!   ~Catt