Chapter 1

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE: I put a warning in the story description but I feel the need to say this here as well and in slightly more detail because it may be important to some as this story deals with sensitive topics, if you have no problem with such things then you can ignore this note.

Warning: This story is going to get kind of dark/depressing at times. But If you have a problem with reading about depression and some of the side effects of it (such as self-harm), then I suggest that you don't read this story. However, this story will not be graphic, so don't worry about that. Also don't read if you are triggered by the topic of sexual assault, particularly as it pertains to minors (there's NO actual depictions of it).*

* If the trigger warnings are not detailed enough for you and you need further explanation before deciding to read send me a private message and I will give more details.

**Also, all views and opinions in this story are my own. I do not claim to be an expert on any of the issues discussed in this story. Nor should this story be a substitute for professional help. If you are having problems with depression or thoughts of suicide, please seek professional help. And know that mental illness is nothing to be ashamed of and you are not alone. <3

Chapter 1

The vibrations from the bass are shaking me and the lights blinding me. What am I doing here? I don't want to be here, and I really can't believe I let her drag me here. Summer is almost over and school will start soon. All I want to do is stay home and eat junk food, watch T.V. and snuggle up in my bed; I definitely don't want to be at a club.

I roll my eyes as I feel her tug on my hand and drag me to the bar. "How long are we going to be here for?" I yell at her over the music after she finishes ordering us each a beer.

"We are going to be here for as long as it takes you to get out of this depression," she yells back as she hands me my beer. "It's been like four months, you can't mope around forever. You need to loosen up, dance, have a few drinks, and find a hot girl to fuck."

She is really starting to piss me off right now. "I don't want to be here; I don't want to loosen up, or dance, I can drink at home, and I sure as hell don't want to fuck some random girl," I inform her. All I get from her as a response is an eye roll and a scoff. And it proceeds to piss me off even more. "Seriously, why can't you see that I don't want to fucking be here?" I ask and she just rolls her eyes again.

"You need this! The only way you are ever going to get over her and out of this depression, is if you get under somebody else."

"I don't want to get under somebody else. I told you I don't want to fuck some random girl!"

"You've never seemed to have a problem doing it before..."

That's it, I can't take this anymore! I slam my beer down on the bar and tell her I'm leaving, I start to walk away when I feel her grab my wrist and drag me back against my will. She's always been so damn strong.

"Can't you see that we are worried about you? All we are doing is trying to help you. I know she hurt you, and I know that it's probably going to take you a while to get over it; I get that, but it's going to take you even longer if you don't start trying. So please, just try. Take your beer, go ask some hot girl to dance, and try to have some fun."

"Fine!" I sigh and grab my beer out of her hand.

"Good girl!" she mocks me as she continuously pats my head.

All she receives from me in return is a slight growl and one of the meanest looks I can muster, hoping she will take the hint and stop patting my head. Which seems to work, seeing as she stops, but just as soon as she does she's smiling and chuckling to herself. I suddenly grow even more annoyed. Normally, I can intimidate and scare the shit out of just about anyone with even half of the power of the look I just gave her.

"You may be able to scare even grown men with that look," she starts while laughing. "But you don't scare me in the slightest, honey. Now be a good girl and find yourself a hot piece of ass," she finishes and then proceeds to now rub my head and mess up my hair. I give her another dirty look and all she does is chuckle again before she gives me a slight smirk and then gets up and walks away from me to go talk to a girl at the end of the bar; leaving me alone with my thoughts and to fix my hair.

She pisses me off, but she is right. I'm never going to get over this if I don't try. I really shouldn't be pissed with her, she is just honestly trying to help and I know that. This is why I agreed to move back here, to reconnect with Shannon who has been my best friend practically since birth, at least aside from my twin brother; I came here to start fresh. I thought being in a different city and being around Shannon again would help me get over my broken heart.

I had desperately needed to get out of the city that left me with nothing but memories of the woman I loved; the woman that managed to take my heart and shatter it into a million pieces. I honestly loved her and she completely broke me. Actually no, not 'loved', but 'love', present tense; I still love her and I probably always will, no matter what. We may have only been together for less than a year, but we have known each other for what feels like a lifetime.

I had always loved Adrianna like a friend from the first moment I met her when I was eight years old. She was always there for me, she had helped me through some of the hardest times in my life, to me she really was one of the most amazing people I ever met. Over time though, that love I felt for her turned into something more than the love of a friend.

It actually didn't take long of knowing her before I started to fall deeply and uncontrollably in love. She was my first love, my only love, she was everything to me; I loved everything about her, from her beauty, to her laugh, her sense of humor, her smile. Honestly, there was nothing that I didn't love about her.

But I knew she didn't feel the same way about me and never would. I would flirt with her every now and then and she would flirt back, but I knew that was all it was ever going to amount to, just some friendly flirting. I knew it was never going to be anything more.

There was so much against us from the beginning. I was too young for her, she was four years older than me and of course even if age had not been a factor, she was still straight. For as long as I have known her she always had a boyfriend, she was never single for more than a day. Eventually, she happened to get engaged to one of the wealthiest men in the city, which came as no surprise to me, she could literally have anyone at a snap of her fingers.

Because of these reasons and so many more, I knew she would never feel about me the way I felt about her. I desperately tried to get over my feelings for her by sleeping with almost every woman, even a couple men, I came across, but it never once worked. I have always been able to get anyone I want, but I knew she was the only person I could never get.

I knew she would only ever think of me as a friend, like a sister; she would never be mine. At least this is what I thought until almost twelve months ago, when one night changed everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: Thank you if you actually read this far. Please vote/comment and tell me your thoughts. Next chapter's longer. :)