9. ScHoOl As A NeRd

13th January

Today, I woke up feeling rather ill. I was too ill to go to school, but for some reason my mother didn't believe me and sent me to school anyway.

So, I turned up and just as expected, everyone was staring at me. Some people were whispering, I felt my popularity gradually falling. I had maths that day and I had to sit next to Finn again.

He stared at me. There was a pause. Then suddenly he burst out laughing. Yup, he was laughing at me. I was so annoyed.

When I left the class Hannah grabbed me and pulled me aside.

"Hey, I know you like Finn, but did you really have to be a nerd like him?" she spoke like she wasnt actually joking.

"You know I don't like him, right?" I had to let her know this.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone," Hannah winked. Oh gosh, we thought I actually liked him. "But you really gotta like him that much to make yourself into a nerd!"

"Um.. actually. My hair dye went all wrong. I can't help that I need glasses (I only need them for reading anyway), I can't help that I need braces and I have no idea how I moved up a set, I didn't even know him before the dance!" She needed lots to be explained to her.

"Whatever you say!" she walked away. Who needs her? I have lots of friends.

Okay maybe I lost a few of them, I came up to them... an they casually got up and walked away like a bad smell had arrived.

Okay maybe they were not my friend's anymore.... But I guess the day couldn't get any worse.

"Hey Sarah!" it was Cal. AND he was holding hands with Roxy. Why did he like emos?

"Oh hi Cal!" I smiled my sweetest smile, but my braces were there, so it didn't look as sweet as before.

"Oh you got braces too!" Cal seemed excited.

"Um... yeah..." I tried to laugh, but to be honest, it didn't turn out right.

"You have changed... alot," he said. He was trying to make the awkwardness go away.

"Um... yeah... I have," for the first time ever, I was struggling to reel Cal in.

"Did you dye your hair?" he asked.

"Yeah.. but it didn't turn out right..." why did I say that? Well it was better than saying I liked it that way. Oh whatever was gonna happen, I was going to get humiliated.

The conversation was very awkward just like before. Roxy stared at me the whole time, her eyes were covered in black eyeliner.

That evening, I asked my mother politely if I could dye my hair to a different colour.

Okay I was begging and on my knees! But she showed no mercy, my hair is gonna stay orange.

I went on facebook and to my horror, my facebook profile picture was me in my glasses, braces and orange hair.

For a start, when was a picture of me taken like this? I don't ever remember having a camera flashed into my face! Secondly, how the hell did it become my profile picture? Someone who could get into my facebook! Cleo!

I changed my profile picture back to my last one but it was too late, it had already had 17 likes with 20 comments.

"Sexy!"

"This is gawjus babz! Hannah xxxx"

"Finn says you look well fit in this!"

They were all joking. Then a chat message came up.

Hey

(It was Finn. Why did he wanna talk?)

S: Hi

(I had to be polite!)

F: How are you?

S: I'm good, you?

F: I'm good thanks, are you sure your alright? You seemed pretty down today

S: Yeah, I look ugly

F: Just because people tell you that you are ugly it doesn't mean you actually are

S: Yeah it does

F: No it doesn't!

S: How come?

F: I think you are still beautiful

S: Really?

F: Yeah, trust me, don't let those kids get to you, they are just being bastards

S: No, they are my friends

F: LOL really?

S: Yeah, they are!

F: Some friends then!

(My mother was calling me for dinner)

S: I gotta go

F: Okay Bye! xx

(Boys never put kisses at the end of sentences, unless they are gay. Finn was gay it was decided. I decided I ought to put kisses as well to be polite. But it might give him the wrong idea! No he was gay!)

S: Bye! xx

I left the conversation. I ate my pizza scared that it was gonna get stuck in my braces. I thought about Finn calling me beautiful. It didn't mean he liked me, he was just being nice. They say gays are always nice to girls. I guess I need to get some sleep now.

Now remember, that conversation I had with Finn?: It Never Happened!

Will Sarah survive throughout the whole 2 weeks? Is something going on between Finn and Sarah, or does Sarah not like him at all. Or maybe Finn is just joking around like the others? What do you think?