Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

“Nope.” He grinned.

“I’m still going with the frog.”

“Why?” Niall shuddered, his free hand tapping a beat onto his thigh. “Frogs are slimy.”

“They are not.” I bumped him with my hip. “You’re stereotyping.”

“My bad.” Niall let out a laugh that was so contagious it filled me fully with joy. Everything about him was truly incredible. “Sorry froggies.”

“Who would you rather kiss? Katy Perry or Megan Fox?”

“Katy, no doubt.” There was no hesitation in Niall’s answer. “Would you rather kiss that kid from our first day in Dublin who hit on you outside the pub or Barack Obama?”

I laughed. “I don’t know. Neither of them.”

“I’m afraid that answer is unacceptable.” Niall shook his head, his hair falling to cover his eyebrows. “You have to pick one. It’s in the rules.”

“What rules?” I asked sceptically.

“The rules in my head. Now, answer.”

“Fine, the kid from the pub. He was kind of cute.”

“No, he wasn’t.” Niall stated, very matter-of-factly. “I would say that guy fell more into the ‘hot’ category. And he was the wrong answer.”

“But, it was an opinion question,” I objected, confused. “How could I be wrong?”

“In my opinion, you’re wrong.” Behind Niall’s cheeky teasing, I could sense something else. There was question in his eyes, something he needed to say, maybe. I wasn’t completely sure what it was, but I could see that even as he flirted and joked with me, his attention was never fully there.