The Diner

Blaaaaaaah. I hate that I love this chapter..

______________________________

Lately, I'm always screwing up and it seems like no matter what I do...I'll always be in this mess. "I'm Ashley, What can I get you mam?" A young lady dressed in a sickening bright yellow asked. "I'll just have a coffee."

That and water is the only thing I can consume at this point. "Okay, I'll be right back." She smiled brightly. God, how can someone be so happy when I'm so depressed. It makes me angry, she's probably my age and gets to make mistakes and party and have a life.

But here I am, the only person that I have to blame for my mistakes is myself. I'm angry at myself and lately I've had thoughts that just make me more disappointed in me than ever.

It's 3 am and I'm sitting in a diner unhappy.

Hearing this jukebox at the end of the diner playing sappy music doesn't help either.

The waitress came back and gave me coffee before walking over to that same jukebox and changing the music."Is that an O'brian I see sitting alone?" I heard a voice say. I turned my head to see Dave. "Oh, hey." Faking a smile I turned back around. I'm not in the mood to deal with familiar faces.

A simple hey, is not an easy getaway from Dave I guess. Because before I knew it, he was sitting across from me with his hands folded on the table. "What's up?" He said smiling. "Did Nicholas send you to follow me around?" I said shaking my head. "Umm no, I always come here at this time. My parents own this place." I suddenly felt my outburst was rude and tried to rebound from my early remark.

"Oh, that's cool." I said. "Yeah, but what's cooler is free food for life." He smiled widely. But why is he talking to me? I'm not very fond of Nicholas's friends and all of them know that. "Julia, can you bring out two of my moms cherry pies?" He yelled. "Yeah whatever." A girl from behind the counter said.

"What do you want Dave?" I asked. "You were sitting alone, what's wrong with me keeping you company?" He said with a confused look. "Whatever." I said placing my hands on my face and putting my head on the table.

The girl must've brought the pie back because I heard the contact the plates made when they hit the table. "Do you wanna talk about it?" I heard him say.

Looking up I gave him a weird stare and rolled my eyes. "I'm not sharing marital issues with my husbands teammate or friend." I said grabbing my stuff. I'm so close to leaving. "It's not like I haven't heard them before." Dave said in a honest tone.

I scoffed. "Look, I can understand what kind of position you're in and I think that you can do better than what you play yourself out for." He continued while pushing the pie towards me. "When's the last time you've done something for yourself?" I didn't ask for words of wisdom from a football player.

"Why do you care?" I asked. "I don't care, I could care less. It's just sad to see a beautiful person be stripped down to nothing because she's afraid to make choices and be herself." He said pulling out his cellphone. "But that's just me, this was nice but I have to go." Dave smiled at me before getting up and leaving.

I just want to be happy for once in my life. Can I just have that?I decided to leave not long after Dave and go home.