Choosing Time

"I don't have feelings like that for you." I lied while turning away. I'm in love with Nicholas. "Look me in the eyes and tell me you don't feel the way I feel." He said pulling at my shirt.

I believe Melanie's my guardian angel because at this moment she walked out of the house with a trash bag. I quickly got out of the car and so did Cameron still awaiting my answer. "Hey Mel" I said forcing a smile. Another minute in that car with him could be fatal. "Hey." She said eyeing Cameron. The awkward aura moving through this area is serious man.

Melanie was always suspicious about things going on that weren't really even going on. So I know later on I'm going to get an earful on how she feels about the topic. I cleared my throat and opened Amelia's door and took her out of her carseat. When I got her I shut the door and walked up Mel's. "Well, you guys can just go in it's a bit of a cookout. You know how your brother is Natalia." She said smiling.

Great, I only came to drop Natalia off for a playdate and now apparently there's a barbecue going on. "Actually we can't see I have this really big study that's overdue and Natalia promised she'd help." Cameron is a terrible liar, how could anyone believe him?

"Oh well it's okay, I'll take Amelia then." Melanie took her out of my hands and grabbed her bag. "Okay, and Cameron could you just take this trash to the can so I can go put Amelia down for her nap." She asked as she walked towards the door. I swear that woman wants my daughter. I think she's even given Amelia her own room.

Mel waved goodbye as Amelia was still asleep in her arms. I got back into Cameron's car reluctantly. Honestly, I don't want to be at a barbecue or here. I just want to be alone with just me time.

I heard the car door open and Cameron got in before starting the engine up. He kept quiet the whole ride back to his apartment and so did I. "You don't even know what you want yourself." He said shaking his head as he parked in front of his apartment. I got out of the car and walked towards his front door. When I got there I pulled the key from under the mat that Cara showed me awhile ago.

I walked inside and ran straight to the bathroom and shut the door. Tears started falling down my face immediately and I couldn't stop them. "Natalia? I didn't mean to make you cry." Cameron said knocking on the door. "You're right! I'm not even remotely happy with Nicholas and when I'm with you I feel so much more happier when I'm with you." I said sniffling.

"Natalia open the door please." He said. I wiped my eyes before opening the door. "You are worth so much without him and you need to understand that. You don't have to be with him because he's your bestfriend or because you two have a child together." He said pulling me in for a hug. I immediately wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Let me treat you like you should be treated Natalia." He said placing his hands on my waist. "This is wrong." I said looking up at him. "You don't have to do anything you don't want to do. I mean if you want to live an unhappy life with Nicholas please go ahead." He said waving his hand in front of him. "But this time when you're arguing I won't be here. Because I have a life too and I'm ready to start living it, wether it's with or without you." Cameron said while letting go of me and crossing his arms.