My last breath

Authors note:
So guys, this is a very sad part. I have literally been crying whilst writing it. It's hard to write about this stuff, I never thought I'd become so close with the characters I made up in my head. It's been so hard to end the incredible journey Ben and Darcy have been on. But don't worry, there are still 2 more parts to come after this. Things will be more concluded in those parts. I can't believe we're in like part 80 now. I never expected to actually get this far. So... I hope you enjoy it. Warning... Might need your tissues. I hope you enjoy reading the conclusions to Darcy's incredible journey.

--

I woke up this morning. But I was barely awake. Trying to force myself to open my eye lids just seemed like the most difficult of task.
It's December 20th. I think. Two days ago now I wrote that letter, and it's still in safe keeping. Last night, I don't remember much, but I do remember Ben climbing into bed with me, and just lying there, all night, not letting me go for a second. And I can now feel Ben breathing heavily on my shoulder. "You alright?" He whispers.
I try and reply, but all that comes out is some weird, crackling sound. It's almost like I've lost my voice, over night.
"You feel like some breakfast?" He asks.
I let out a small cough, to try and prepare my voice to say something, all I manage, is "sure."
I'm not at all hungry. But if I eat something small now, I might be feeling up to doing something today.
"Alright then, you just stay here. I'll go get you something." I slowly turn over to face Ben, but a shooting pain goes through my body as I do it. And I scrunch my face up with the sudden shock. Ben looks down at me worried. But he doesn't say anything. He just kisses me gently on the forehead, then exits my room.

I try to use my skeleton like arms to push myself up off the bed, but it seems almost impossible. They collapse underneath me almost immediately. I try and sit back up again. But all my mind is telling me to do, is go to sleep.
And right now, I don't seem to have much control over my mind or body.
So I obey it's command, and I lie back down, resting my body.

Ben's POV:

I think... No, I don't want to say it. I don't even want to think about it. But I'm going to have to. I think today is going to be... The day. I don't know, I'm not sure. But I mean... It's 2 o'clock in the afternoon. She's slept for almost 18 hours. Maybe she woke up in between , but only for like a few minutes. And in that time, I don't even know if she was awake.
I asked her if she'd like some breakfast. Just to try and not freak her out. I want her... If this is her last day... To be happy. And not scared, or worried.
I'm going to have to tell her mum. I know it's the right thing to do.

Her mum and luke are sitting outside in the garden. It's a beautiful day, considering its December. When I say beautiful, I mean it's above 10 degrees and isn't raining. That's what we class as beautiful in this part of England.

I slowly walk up to Sarah. She's holding a steamy cup of tea, and is staring at... Well... Nothing. I think she kind of knows it too. But we still need to have a chat.
"Sarah" I say quietly, but she still jumps at my comment.
"Oh sorry Ben, you just scared me a little."
"That's alright. So, what you thinking about? Same thing as me?"
"Probably. I can't seem to think about anything else. No matter how hard I try. But to be honest, I don't want to think about anything other than my beautiful daughter. She's... She's everything to me." She stutters.
"I know Sarah, it's going to be alright" I lean in and give her a hug. And she just bursts out crying on my shoulder.
"I'm sorry ... So... Sorry Ben"
"Don't be Sarah, it's alright to cry... But... I think there is something we need to talk about. "She suddenly stops crying, let's go of me, and looks up to me. "It's Darcy... I think, I means she's only just woken up, and she's, it's not looking too good. I think... I think today, it might be..." I stutter basically after every word I say "today could be-"
"It's alright Ben. You don't have to say anymore."
We look at eachother and both start crying this time. "So what should we do?" I ask.
"I think... I think we should ask Darcy what she wants to do. It's her last day, it should be her choice."
"Of course, you want to come up with me to talk to her?"
"Um... No it's alright. You go up there, I'll stay down here with Luke."
"You sure? She might-"
"No it's alright. You go, then you can come back down and tell me what she'd like to do okay."