A long day..

I turn back to face the water park again and I am noticing the children from Italy, sticking their tongue out at us while running Around on the freshly cut grass, and there friends giggling while rock climbing. It looks incredible , I don't blame them for poking their tongue out at us. I would be doing the same if I was them. I turn around again to face my life for the next 5 days , and wonder how we ended up living in this dump and they get to enjoy luxury. Probably my cheap teacher unable to even afford a log for my head to lie on. No sorry I mean she can afford them but she can't be bothered to spend anything on us "grubby" kids. She spends it all on her self.
"Off we go children " everybody stands their with an aggravating look, it's almost like they their refusing to move.
" it's fine children we will just think of it as a little adventure In the woods like Tarzan , we can climb trees and play team activities on the way. " sweetly speaks my other teacher miss honey, thank god she's coming on this trip. Otherwise we will all be bored on this trip with literally nothing to do apart from pamper miss grunch.
"Off we go then children " miss honey says the same as miss grunch but In a slightly less disturbing way.
Everybody skips merrily into the woods now unaware of miss grunch and her terrible ways. Also the gloomy terrifying woods and the world we've just walked into.
I don't know how people can act his way skipping liking 5 year olds. For god sake most of us are 16 years old. And me being the oldest (16) I should be the most mature.
Looks like after half an hour no one is stopped prancing like an idiot, except from Ben who seems to be a bit out of breath.
"Hehehehe, you look funny , not the fittest out of the lot ha" I try to say in the kindest way possible.
" oi watch it " he says with a little giggle. At least I know he didn't mean it seriously.
" look I'm kidding"
A whole two hours of back-breaking walking, and we have finally arrived at what I think is our campsite. What i am seeing right now doesn't really surprise me. There are 8 tents -four for each gender- and two sections in the woods for boys and girls. But there is only a small walk to each section of the forest. So we're not too far apart. (Probably can still hear them snoring though).
We're now being split up into the girl and boy sections and are being shown to our "rooms". More like old abandoned tents but oh well at least we're not sleeping outside.
I'm sharing a tent with two other girls. The most spoilt rotten ones out of the lot. Instead of enjoying the wonder of nature and feeling the wind flow past their well makeup cheeks. They would rather be trapped inside living in a fantasy, staring at a screen wishing their life was like the fictional characters in their mind.
Not that I can really talk. I would do anything to get out of trudging around in this dump.
I unpack my obese suitcase into the cramped, tight spaces they call draws. Right now I'm staring at what I think is my bed. But right now it looks like a scraggy piece of worn out material that has been placed on an old scrap of metal from the junk yard.
Seriously, you can tell I watch so much American tv, I forget how to speak my own language sometimes. TV! oh how I miss it.
It's starting to get dark. We all perch ourselves on a log around the scorching fire and are forced to remain seated while we get told the plans for the trip. Miss Grunch talks about activities and "fun" things to do around here. Also a long lecture about safety, bla bla bla. I couldn't care less about this stuff. I'm 16. Not 2.
It looks like this trip is going to be WORSE than expected.
It's 10pm and we are all made to go to sleep. "Lights out children, a world of adventure starts tomorrow ".
Every body squeals with excitement. I mean come on she sounds like one of those people from a desperate tv advert trying to get us to go on a spontaneous holiday.
I can't sleep. Everyone knows I hate the idea of camping and repugnant insects leaving unpleasant surprises where ever u go. Doesn't matter anyway, I'm wide awake , unlike everyone else.
Once again I was right, I can hear the boys snoring and muttering. Muttering about football probably. I hate boys sometimes, their so dull.
3am, still wide awake and have had a ghastly experience already. A huge moth wisely decided to come into my tent and lay thousands of eggs in my personal bag, the one thing that has purpose on this trip.
Another hour passes, and I lay their wide awake. I try and get to sleep by rolling over to my right side but I am stopped when a shooting pain goes through my elbow. I roll up my sleeves to find am extremely large bruise running from just under my shoulder blade to under my elbow. I don't remember doing anything That could cause as quite as a significant bruise like this. Wait... It could be from falling over this morning on the bus. Although that wasn't that heavy of a fall so how would a bruise appear so suddenly.
Ignoring it, I step outside and collect some water. When swallowing I have a lot of pain in my throat and something the size of a golf ball blocking the way. I feel around my neck and notice my glands are quite swollen.
All I can think is, why today. Why do I have to get a cold today? I'm going to hate this trip a enough already.
I take the water back to my tent and am finally able to drift off to sleep.