Fly away

Authors note:
Hey guys, sorry this is a short part, but the next one should be longer.
Also I just wanted to say that I will be updating a lot more from now on as I had surgery yesterday and have got a lot of time to spare.
Thanks again for continuing to read my book!

Sadie passed away that night.

It was devastating. I cried for hours.

Ben came over in the middle of the night to cuddle with me.
It really helped.
But nothing could completely take away the pain.

Apparently she was all excited and happy and wouldn't stop talking about the fireworks.
Then she just peacefully drifted away in her sleep.
I'm so greatful i got to share her last night with her, and we made it a good one.

She passed away just days before Christmas. It was very hard to stay positive during Christmas Day.

It's now The 27th of December and Ive just been invited to go to a party New Year's Eve with ben. It's the first one I've been to since  I got diagnosed with cancer.
I'm a bit nervous but also excited aswell. I need to get away from home and everything that's been happening lately.
And to get really away from everything, there may be some alcohol involved.
I don't usually drink, but in these situations I couldn't care less about my health, it's already messed up anyway.

--

It's really sad.
Dr Kartor said that no one is organising a funeral for Sadie.
Apparently there's just not enough people to attend. The only family she had were the doctors and us.
But I don't care. I decide to organise one for her, she needs an official goodbye. And a hello to heaven.
She needs to rest... In peace.

It's weird to think... Last year was Sadies last Christmas, but she never even knew it.
What if this year was my last Christmas?
No.
I can't start thinking negative again.
Even though i don't have many positive things to look forward to for next year.

This year was certainly eventful. I certainly 'can't' wait for what this year has to bring.
This year may have been my last. I wish I knew that earlier...

Authors note:
This part is dedicated to a little girl I met in the hospital this weekend. She was 5 years old and had to undergo major surgery to save her life.
She is so cute and reminded me a lot of Sadie, from this book.
She's all cured now and is going home tomorrow.
She might have survived but there are thousands of children who won't make it tonight due to these awful medical conditions; including Cancer.
Did you know ,only 4% of the Cancer research money is dedicated to pediatric Cancer?
Well now you do.
This needs to change, so we can save young lives, like Sadie's and let them live a normal childhood.