No boys and no Cancer allowed!

I rang up Dr kartor and he said what ben said is true. Im almost there!
He also had some more exciting news for me... Im only having ONE MORE CHEMO!!!!!!!
I had no idea I was that close to the end.
Whenever you hear about Cancer stories, it's always a sad story where the kid gets Cancer and then dies at the end of it. I used to think it was almost impossible to survive Cancer, but I'm about to do it.
All of these doubts and everything I've had about my future, can finally come to an end.
Although, it's not quite ended yet. My treatment plan is for 12 months, and it's only been 10. You can't stop taking chemo even if the Cancer is all gone, because there's a chance it might come back. So I'll still take chemo. But orally. Rather than through my port. So I can take the medicine in the comfort of my home.
Unfortunately, my hair won't start growing back until I finished the whole year, but I've kind of gotten used to it now, so it won't be such a massive deal.
Hopefully it would have grown back by the summer, that would be great.

Ever since I've heard about this news, I've been feeling a lot better. I'm a lot more awake, and active than before. I'm recovering really well, and I'd say I'm almost normal.

Today chelsea is taking me for a girls day out. We had a plan that for my 17th birthday we would go to the spa. We made this plan before i got Cancer. But now that I'm better she's decided to take me out today, for a girls day out.
I also haven't told her about my recent good news. It will be a perfect time to tell her. Finally, it's good news, usually every time I talk to her it's to tell her something bad.
It's going to be a friendly day out,
Something i haven't been able to do in a long time. And it's with no boys. Boys and cancer are not allowed to be a part of my life today. Everything is being put to the side, so I can have some quality time with my friend.

I'm wearing my high waisted jeans, and a long sleeved, short cut top. Also my favourite white, wooly hat. Usually I wouldn't wear this style. When your sick, Cancer sucks the life out of you. You can't be bothered to do anything. Even look decent. I got used to wearing baggy trousers and large jumpers. You don't really go out much, so it's best to just be comfortable rather than fashionable. It's strange how much better I feel since finding out the news. Right at the start of getting diagnosed, I remember Bella telling me it's all about the mind. Obviously it's about the medicine as well, but your mind plays a good part in it. If you're depressed and all you can think about is your illness, then your going to feel more sick. But if you're more positive, and distract yourself from your crappy life, then you will start to feel much better. It only took me 10 months but I finally understand what she's saying. It's true. I do feel a lot better!

Chelsea comes to the door to pick me up. And she greets me with her usual "hello my darling oh you look so much better."
"Thanks chelsea, I actually have some good news to tell you, but we'll talk about that later."
"Some good news! Wow, it's been a long time since I've heard that."
"Yeah me too."
"Now you ready, I'm so excited."
"Yep, I'll just grab my bag."
And off we go.

Chelsea tells me about how she got her driving lisence and how amazing it is to drive. I almost forgot that I'm old enough to drive now. But driving lessons are very expensive, I'm not going to bother my mum with anymore expenses.
"This is so nice just being out with the two of us. Just like old times!" Says chelsea.
"Yeah, I really miss Those days. No boys, no worries, and no Cancer."
"Yeah, when you get better..." She hesitates a little. "We can do this more often. I miss  my bestie. College isn't the same without you."
She is still hesitant to talk about my Cancer. Which is fair enough. I was going to wait until later but I'll just tell her now. It will make the rest of the day even more positive than before.
"About that..." I start.
"What, oh sorry did I offend you?"
"No no no. It's the opposite actually. You know the good news I was talking about earlier?"
"Yeah?"
I just look at her with a big smile and don't say anything. It takes her a while to catch up, but suddenly her face lights up and she lets go of the wheel to hug me.
"No way, are you being serious?"
"Yes chelsea! ."
"Now I need to make sure we're on the same page here before I say anything else."
"Yes chelsea, I'm going to do it. I'm going to beat Cancer!" I scream and we both jump up and down out of our seats making the whole car shake.
"Oh my gosh darcy I am so happy for you. So is it all over then?"
"No, not yet. I've still got to have one more chemo treatment at hospital, but then I can live a normal life." We both do another girly scream.
"This is just amazing, I knew you could do it darcy. Your so strong and so brave, I couldn't have gone through what you've had to go through."
"Thanks chelsea, that Means a lot."
We both have the same stupid smile on our faces for the rest of the journey.

Chelsea pulls up into the car park, and we just sit there for a while.
She gives me a proper hug this time,
"Darcy, this is just... I'm so happy!!'"
"You keep saying that. "
"Yeah I know it's because I am. So when are you coming back to college?"
"Gosh. I completely forgot about that, I've been so focused on being sick, that I haven't had a chance to think what's going to come after I finish treatment. The future hasn't been a part of my life for a while. I've been too scared to think about it, just incase it doesn't happen. But now that it is happening, I'm even more scared. I don't know what I want to be now chelsea. I'm certainly not going to be a doctor anymore."
"You will think of something. You're  amazing and can do anything.  But let's not worry about that now, let's just enjoy today. There's nothing wrong with enjoying the moment."
"You're right...Let's go!"
We jump out the car and speed walk into the spa.
I'm so looking forward to some relaxation. I've almost forgot the definition of the word.

--

The day was so amazing. Me and chelsea got full body massages, and I could tell I so needed it. We got treated like royalty. They gave us a glass of champagne, whilst we sat in the hot tub.
There was also a large pool which I felt a bit conscious to go in. I only brought a bikini, and I was nervous about revealing my scar from my liver surgery to everyone. But chelsea made me feel better, she made me realise that it doesn't matter what other people think, it shouldn't stop you from enjoying yourself. Also that it marks an act of bravery not an act of weakness.
I proudly swam in the warm, indoor pool with chelsea by my side. I haven't done anything like this since my diagnosis, I was very weak. It surprised me how much basic Muscle I had lost over the past year.
I can't wait until I'm able to start getting my fitness back up.

I'll be going in next week for my last chemotherapy treatment, and I'm so excited!!! I never thought I would be this excited to go to the hospital! But I am, I can't wait for it to be over and done with.
It's going to be sad having to say goodbye to close friends I've made at the hospital. Especially Bella, I'm really going to miss her, she's done so much for me, I wish I could do something amazing for her in return,  but it just isn't possible. She helped to save me life, a debt like that can never be re-paid.

Authors note:
Hi guys, I just thought I'd let you know, that in real life, treatment plans are usually longer than 12 months for leaukemia patients, so Darcy's treatment plan wouldn't really be true In real life. But I did this because I want to move on with the story as it is turning out to be much longer than I oringinally expected. Don't worry, it's not coming to an end yet, there are still plenty more things that are going to happen.
I'm trying to update more often than I have been, so the parts might start to be a bit shorter than usual, but hopefully they'll be as good, carry on reading, and voting. I really appreciate it!