Let's celebrate

Authors note:
So sorry you've waited for a long time for an update. Ive been very busy recently, but hopefully you wont have to wait too long for the next part :)
--
(Bens pov)

I rush up to her room at a faster pace than I'm probably allowed to be going in a hospital. Oh well, im so excited, today is Tuesday and it's Darcy's 17th birthday. Everything is set up and I can't wait to see the look on her face when she sees what I have done for her.

I rush into the pediatric oncology ward panting, as I've practically ran up the stairs.
I'm about to walk into Darcy's room, until her mother stops me.
She has tears in her eyes, and looks like she hasn't slept in days.
"Sarah what is it?" I ask, terrified.
"She's 17, but she's not awake."
My heart drops to my feet. I thought just somehow she would wake up because it's her birthday. But no, Cancer doesn't work like that. It drags you down even at the happiest of times.
"Well will she wake up soon?" I say with hope still within me.
"The infection was just too bad ben. She's really struggling. Even if she was to wake up, I don't know if she'd be able to get out of bed."
My head starts to fill up with anger. Anger towards myself. "I caused this. She's not awake because of me."
"Ben please don't blame yourself for this. It's no ones fault-"
"No Sarah. It is, it's mine. I'm sorry, it was an accident and I never intended it to get this bad. I've ruined everything."
"Ben wait!" She shouts and follows me as I begin to storm out the doors.
Eventually she catches up to me.
" You've got to atleast see her on her birthday. It might not mean much to her now, but it will be nice to know you were there for her on her special day. It would crush her if you weren't."
I sigh, because I know she's right. It's just becoming harder each day to see her like this.
I start making my way back to her room. Her mum stands outside the door and waits for me to finish.
"Darcy. I'm sorry. If I didn't push you over... Uh, there's no point. I can't keep blaming myself, it's not going to solve anything. But if there was anything I could do, I would. Like this little celebration I've prepared for you. It won't cure you but I'm hoping it will help to heal all the painful wounds and memories, these last 7months have left you with, and get you to remember all the good times we've had. And all the people that still love you, and are here for you today to show you that. So please, please fight. I know you cant hear me, but please, all these people have come to see you today to tell you how much they love you. It would be great if you could wake up. I'm sorry. I know it's not that easy... I guess I've got to go now. I've got a party to set up... Love you." I kiss her on the forehead then Sarah comes back in and takes over.

--

We've waited for over 4 hours. It's now midday, and her family are beginning to arrive. At the moment they're just standing in a special but empty children's hospital room. It's a room usually used for really sick kid Cancer patients who need a celebration before... They you know... Take off.
But they said I could use It for darcy. She's become quite popular in this hospital.

I sit in the hall watching all her family gather together and look around for the birthday girl.
I decide to call her mum.
"Hi Sarah, any news yet?"
"No ben. Afraid not. Everything alright?"
"Not really. Everyones starting to arrive and they're all asking me where the birthday girl is. I don't know what to tell them."
"Give it a few more hours. If she's not awake then. Ill come and speak to them myself."
"Uh, okay. I guess there's nothing else we can do."
"Sorry ben."
I end the call. Then I look up and notice a familiar face walking my way.
It's chelsea.
"Oh my gosh ben hi. It's been so long!"
She gives me a big hug. And I hug her back tightly as I could really do with some comfort right now.
"Hey chelsea." I say sounding really depressed.
"What's wrong ben? Where's the birthday girl. I'm dying to see me bestie!"
"Well.. Things aren't quite going to plan. She's asleep."
"Well go wake her up then."
"Chelsea! It's not that simple. She very sick. Her body is struggling to wake itself up."
She freezes and doesn't know what to say.
"Oh ben. I had no idea. I really need to see her, can I? Please."
"I don't know. Her mum is with her at the moment. If I let you go, then all these family members will want to go. We're going to give it a few hours. If she's not awake, then we'll have to call it off."
"Oh, okay." She sighs.
"If you could just keep an eye on everyone for me, I need to be by myself for a while."
"Er... Sure. You sure your alright?"
"Yes... I'm fine."