The transplant

Authors note:
It is almost coming to an end now guys. Just 13 parts to go, it's going to be quite sad from Now on. I will admit, but I've got to keep it realistic, so It will have to remain quite sad.
But I would also like to mention that I don't actually know what It feels like to have a transplant. I am trying my best to portray what it's like to go through this horrible experience. Sorry if I am not exactly correct in everything, and how it works, I've never had Cancer, as you already know. But I am trying to take feelings from watching videos of true Cancer patients and what they go through.
So I apologise if I get anything wrong, but I am trying my best. I would also like to take this time to pay a tribute to a Cancer warrior, Delaney Clements who has just lost her battle to neuroblastoma a few weeks ago.
She fought so hard for so long and it is just not fair that all these children are dying from cancer everyday. I can't imagine the true pain all these families go through . We need to beat this!
But Thankyou for continuing to read my story!!!!

--

So, I wake up this morning, bright and early, and people are already in my room preparing me for the transplant to begin.
I've had blood tests, scans, everything... And it's not even 8am yet.
They certainly do like to do things early here in the hospital.

Dr. Lee is just coming in soon, with all the equipment and everything for my transplant.
I watch as I see the container contained with my brothers life-saving bone marrow, be rolled past my room.
My mum is holding my hand and I don't think she's going to let go until most of it is over today.

As Dr. Lee comes in, she greets me with a fresh smile, and straight away asks me how I'm feeling.
"Pretty awful, but looking forward to getting this over and done with"
"Of course, it should be done as soon as possible"
As they pull out the first bag of Luke's blood, my heart drops to my stomach. I get a sudden shock of realisation that this is Luke's blood that is going in to me. It is up to this bag of blood, wether I live or wether I die.

And I'm now attached to the pole, and it's about to begin. I glare at the red liquid, as it slowly falls down the tube and gets closer to my body. Then as it slides into my chest, I feel odd, but also relieved I guess that is has finally begun.
After doing many things to me, the machines, the tubes and the air around me, I am left alone with just my mum.
"Oh darling you're just so brave, I'm so proud of you" she leans downwards and gives me a kiss and a cuddle.
"Thanks mum, I'm sorry you have to go through all this with me, I know it can't be very pleasant."
"Darcy, oh Darcy it's fine, I'm your mother, there's nothing I wouldn't do for you."
She gives me another hug then I tell her I think it would be best if we both just get some rest now. After all, it is still extremely early in the morning. She goes back to her bed, pulls out a magazine and lies down.
I rest my head back onto my pillow, then just stare at the ceiling. I've spent longer than a week in here now, and it is getting quite tiring. I've done everything that I could have possibly done in the room now. It's like when you're bored in a classroom and you just stare at the walls looking for something to read. I have read all the posters, telling me about how important it is to keep clean and sanitised, and how the transplant works, and how if I feel ill I should tell a doctor. I've also counted all the tiles on the ceiling, and tried to count all the medical equipment there is. And there's a lot. Probably more than the amount of tiles.
This is most definitely the most sickest I've ever been in hospital. The preparation and the transplant is more intense than any chemotherapy I have ever received. There's more doctors, more tests, more tubes, more drugs, and more nausea than ever. But hopefully because I'm in more pain than usual, it means the treatment is being more effective than usual. Right this second, whilst sitting here right now, my body is being replaced with healthy bone marrow that is hoped to cure and rid me of my Cancer...Forever.
I hope when I go back home, I will be a new person, and me and my whole family won't have to endure any more pain or suffering this deadly disease causes. We can be normal again, a normal family, and have a normal life. It's my mum I feel most sorry for, she's already gone through all this suffering with my dad. I don't know how she's keeping so strong whilst she's with me, I'd be an emotional wreck if I had to face cancer twice with two of the most loved people in the world-My husband and my daughter. She is just an incredible person!