The lost past- part 1

Authors note:
As you guys have probably noticed, I have changed the front cover, I thought it was due a change. But it's still the same story with all the same characters and storylines.
I hope you enjoy this next part, things are about to take an unexpected turn...

"What about him? " I ask.
"He keeps calling me. I haven't spoken to him in like 2 years. Why does he suddenly want to talk to me?"
"Well there's only one way you can find out."
"But I can't darcy."
"Your going to have to. It might be something really important."
He takes a while to answer, I can imagine what kind of things are going through his mind right now.
"I've got to go darcy, I'll ring you later."
"But wait don't-"
He hang up.
Great. So now I've got to sit here waiting to know what is going on.

--

He hasn't rang me all day. I spend the whole day staring at my phone.

--

Finally, he rings. Two days later.
"What's going on ben? I've been really worried."
"Well-"
"Have you rang him back?"
"Yes, I did..."
"And?"
"He wants to meet up, he asked if I could go round his house at some point this week."
"Did he say why?"
"No, that's why I'm scared. I can't go alone, I need someone with me. "
"Well you know I can't, I'm still in hospital."
"I know I know. But we can go when you come out of the hospital."
"Wait but-"
"I've already said yes. I said that you would come with me."
"Wait... Does he know me?"
"No, nothing about you. I just said I was bringing a friend."
"Okay, well I guess I can. I've got today and tommorow and then I can come home."
"Great, I'll pick you up and we can go straight there."
"Okay fine."
"Thanks darcy, love you, got to go to college now, stay safe okay."
"Yep, it's not like I'm going-"
"Bye  darcy"
He sounded like he was in such a rush. What could his dad want? It's kind of creepy for him to suddenly ask to see ben after he hasn't seen him in years. This is the kind of  times when people end up getting murdered. I'm not in the going to be able to defend myself, due to the condition I'm in.

--

"Thanks for doing this darcy! It means a lot."
"Your welcome. So has he spoke to you since then?"
"No, it's weird and I'm so nervous."
"Don't be, he's your dad. Maybe he is just desperate to see you."
"Yeah right, 2 years ago he couldn't wait to get rid of me."
All I could think in my head was 'atleast you have a dad, atleast you can go to him if you wanted. Mines gone. I would rather him be an axe murderer and be alive , than to be dead.'
"Hey, I just realised, I Don't even know his name." I ask curiously.
"Oh... Marvin, makes me shiver just thinking about it. What's your dad's name, I don't know his either?"
"Teddy, but we always called him Ted."
"That's so cool, I wish my parents would have come up with something cool like that for me."
"I like your name!"
"I know darcy. But who actually likes their own name?"
"Um... Not me, I guess."
"Exactly." It's great to have a laugh with ben, I haven't been able to spend much time with him lately. We barely ever kiss anymore because I'm always just too sick. I miss the warm hugs he gives to me when I'm feeling down.
When we park in his dad's driveway, I lean over to him and give him a tight, loving hug. He sinks into me and quickly hugs back. We just hold it there, this is how it should be. If Cancer didn't interfere, we could experience this much more Often.
"What was that for?" He asks.
"I just needed it, we haven't spent much time together lately and I guess I just missed it. Cause I love you, but I don't ever get a chance to show it."
Without a word he hugs me tight again and kisses me with his warm, firm lips.
"So you ready to go in now?" I ask.
"I guess."
He cautiously steps out the car and whilst walking towards his door he grabs hold of my hand tightly.

Once we reach the door he just kind of freezes. So I knock for him.
A sweet looking, young man comes to the door. He doesn't actually look that much older than us.
"Oh ben, oh my gosh I'm so happy to see you. "He leans in to give ben a hug but ben rapidly backs away. "Come in please."
We cautiously walk in, but ben looks petrified.
We sit in his living room, it's quite nice actually.
"Ben, now I know your not going to want to talk to me, so let me do the talking. I have changed, I know I have. I'm a better person now, a better dad. "
"You were never a good dad and you never will be." Ben shouts avoiding eye contact.
"I was 16 ben, 16. That's the same age as you. I was young and stupid. "
"I'm 16 and I'm not stupid , if I had a kid I would atleast care about it, and try to look after them."
"I know ben I know. But-"
"So what do you want anyway?"
"Well... I have some important news, that I thought you would need to know."
"Well what is it then?"
"I'll go get it."
He leaves the room quickly, which gives me a chance to talk to Ben.
"Ben he is really trying to make an effort here, he sounds like he is genuinely sorry."
"I don't care, nothing can mend what he did to me in the past."
"Probably not, but that's the past. Your the one who's always telling me to just move forward."
"Maybe... But you don't know my dad like i do."
He comes back in, and Ben's chin just drops to the floor.
"Who on earth is that?" He screams in fuery.
"Ben... This is your new baby sister...Half sister." He just remains there in shock, there is deafening silence in the room.
"I'm darcy by the way." I decide to speak up.
"Oh it's nice to meet you darcy, and your one of Ben's friends ?"
"Yeah... Well... Actually I'm his girlfriend."
"Oh, that's great, you know ben used to always go for the blondes, but I guess brown is his new fortea."
Im wearing my brown wig today , ben insisted on wearing it. I don't know why but I just went along with it.
"So who's is it?" Ben interrupts.
"Well... I met this lovely lady, we were together for a year and then ended up having a child. Isn't she sweet."
"She's lovely" I say to try and get ben to join in but I think his anger has taken over.
"Oh yeah and there's one other thing, which I probably should have mentioned earlier. "
We both look at eachother confused.
"You have another sister."
"What you mean feye? Cause, she died Remeber." Ben shouts.
"No, I know... She died of cancer. But there's another little girl in your life. A half sister."
"Wait what... With another different women?"
"Possibly, but she ditched me too, she took the child and I haven't seen her since."
"Well who is she then?"
"Um... She must be about 5 or 6 now. But all I know about her, is that she is extremely ill. That's why I called you here today. She had the same thing feye died of-"
"Your speaking about feye as if you don't even care that she died. She was your first daughter."
"I do care ben, but that was a while ago now. I have had to move on. I've got another little one in my life now.
Anyway... This girl, she has Cancer. She's had it since she was 2, I've tried calling her mum but she never picks up."
"Just tell me her name."
"Oh ... Yeah... Her names Sadie!"