Prologue

Yes, she has cancer. But she has never let herself be defined by cancer.
Darcy greenwoods whole life changes when she collapses whilst on a school trip.

Clueless about the world, Darcy goes about the day like any normal teenage girl would. She straightens her hair, hates wearing suitable shoes. Hates school, and hates the majority of her teachers. But at this point she is yet to realise that these are the happiest years of her life.

When being diagnosed with acute lymphocytic leukaemia, her whole perception of the world changed, and she would do anything to gain a few more years than the doctor gave her. Or the prescription drugs could give her.

But her life wouldn't be complete without the love her life she meets on the trip. Ben. They were so happy, and perfect. But he has a difficult time dealing with the fact the one he loves the most is slowly dying, and there's nothing he can do about it.

Like I said, Darcy doesn't let herself be defined by cancer. She attempts to lead as a normal life as possible. But all becomes much more difficult when she starts to make frequent trips to the hospital.
Will she handle it? After all it is the thing that killed her father.
Will he handle it? Watching the one he loves most, painfully wither away.

This is Darcy's journey through cancer. It's not a inspiring novel which will always make you smile. But in ways I hope you will be inspired, inspired to lead a meaningful life no matter what pain lives with you. She certainly doesn't let cancer drag her down.
Her story doesn't have a sad beginning like most other cancer stories do, her story shows you how your life can go from being perfect one day, then awful the next.

Authors note:

I'm really excited to share this book with you guys. I have written thing in the past but they have been unsuccessful so I thought id try again with something a little bit different. It's the first time I've written something and have fallen in love with the characters. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do, it will be coming out soon.

My story doesn't start like most other cancer stories do. I decided to start it off positive and then go into the negative side of things, so that you had a chance to really connect with darcy and the other characters and I hope it makes it easier to understand that life can go from being fine one day then horrible the next.

I wrote this for fictional purposes. None of this is true, I made it up. But I just want you to enjoy the relationship that Darcy and Ben share together. And I hope you enjoy.

Warning: some parts of the story are quite sad as the main theme is cancer. But I still hope you enjoy !!! And it will be quite long, but you will want to stick around to the end to see what happens to their incredible relationship.