In this Together

Authors note:
Hi guys, considering both characters are now unconscious, I found it quite difficult to write the beginning of this part. So my only option was to do it from Sarah's (Darcy's mum) point of view. Don't worry, it won't be like this for the whole part, but it's just to introduce what's happening with the whole situation.
Also, feel free to comment because I would love to hear your opinions on my book. I'm planning to go back and edit some of it, like the first few parts as I know they could be improved. I would appreciate any advice you have for me.

--

(Sarah's POV:)

My poor baby, hooked up again. I don't know if I can take this anymore.
All I want to do is be able to have a normal life, I want darcy to be able to have a normal childhood. But it isn't going to happen.
All she wanted to do today was comfort her boyfriend. But she always has to end up being the sicker one.
My baby girl. I love her so much. I just wish this didn't have to happen to you.

It's been a few hours since she collapsed, it's now early evening. The blood from her leg was coming from the wound in her thigh.
It's an infection.
Infections are deadly for Cancer patients, especially for someone who has the immune system that darcy has. She has no white blood cells to be able to fight infections off. So her body tries to find different ways of dealing with it. The chemotherapy killed off all of her good cells as well as all the Cancer cells. Sometimes the side effects aren't always worth it. And now I can see why.
She has been put in a medical coma to let her body heal. It's gone through so much trauma. She just needs to rest and let the medicine do the work.
Dr. Kartor is coming in now to talk to me about the situation.
"Hi Dr. Kartor." I stand up and shake his hand. He seems very agitated. "Is everything alright?"
"Well, not really. I understand this was an accident, but I'm a bit confused on why darcy didn't tell us she had an injury to her leg."
"Well... I don't think she thought that it was nessecary."
"With Cancer patients, every little thing is important. And you should know that by now. She's had Cancer for over 6 months."
"I'm sorry it's just-"
"If she has a cut, it's important because we've warned her about things like infection. But to have a massive wound in her leg that even needs stitches, she should have known better."
"Okay, can you please just stop. I don't care about what could have happened. I care about what has happened. So can we please just sort out the problems she has now and tell me what's wrong with my baby!" I increase my pitch and tone as I get towards the end of that sentence. I'm fed up with the doctors blabbing on, I don't care. I just want them to help her.
"Yes Sarah, of course.Right... The situation. The medicine should help her heal, but she will need to remain asleep for it to work. We don't know how long for, but hopefully no longer than a week."
"A week?! But she has chemo in a few days."
"we know, chemo will have to be postponed. We will get it done as soon as she's healed, but at the moment we need to focus on getting her better. Her body is way too weak to take chemo at the moment."
"is she being moved up to the oncology ward?"
"Yes, we will take her up now."
"But wait... What about ben?"
"Her boyfriend?"
"Yes."
"Well he is still asleep too, it doesn't matter how close they are together when they're both in critical conditions."
"I guess."
Darcy and ben are very close to eachother right now. They're both in the ICU. Darcy has to be on the cancer ward now though. I kind of liked it when they were so close, they had eachother by their side all the time. I just wish they could have been awake to know that. Ben doesn't even though what's been happening to himself. He doesn't know he's had surgery. And he doesn't know that darcy is now also in hospital.
Things couldn't be any worse.
they said they're 'in this together'. And now they literally are. If one gets hurt, the other one is with them.

--

Darcy has been put on the ward now and ben is still downstairs. 
It's the next morning and neither of them are awake yet. I've sat by Darcy's side the whole night, not closing my eyes for a minute.
I've had to leave luke with his grandma, I feel so bad having to leave him like this all the time. But I'm sure one day he'll understand.