*15*

Zayn bit at his fingernails waiting for Harry to arrive, he got a text saying that Louis called off the engagement.

But why? He thought, Liam was already in the living room with Ezra in his lap as they watched a baby program with counting dinosaurs

Zayn gets up from the diningroom chair waddling to the front door, "Harry should be here any minute" he mumbles to himself.

Just as he opened the door to check, there stood Harry, wet from the cold rain, his eyes puffy and red

"Baby what happened?" Zayn says pulling the sniffling man inside. "H-He called it off" he says before biting his lip quivering lip, Zayn wasn't sure because he was upset or because of the sudden cold weather.

Zayn waddled into the dining room holding onto Harry's hand, Liam had given them a weird look watching the two.

"Hawa!" Ezra squeals getting up from Liam's lap rushing over to the man sitting at the table.

Harry tried to give him a smile but began to cry once again covering his face. "Liam can you get Ezzy please?" Zayn begs.

Liam rushes over before Harry scooping up a frowning Ezra, "Buddy let's go get a snack" he says walking into the kitchen. "Haz what happened? Why would he do that?"

"We got into an argument, cause I was at the coffee shop earlier saw him with some girl"

"Well that doesn't necessarily mea-" "Zayn I saw the whole thing, they were all close, he was holding her hand!"

"You sure you don't know the girl?" "No! And it's not his cousin, I've met them all. When I left to go home and wait for him I confronted him, he said it was a girl from Highschool he used to date"

Zayn mouth drops, "What? Are you serious? Did he explain?" "All he said was that they were just talking, but you don't talk by being all close and holding hands with your ex girlfriend when you're engaged!"

Zayn gives him a tissue before rubbing his back comfortingly. "When I asked him again he just said he it wasn't his place to tell, so I called him a cheater. Then we started arguing and he had the nerve to say I was an inconsiderate asshole because I didn't trust him"

"That makes no sense" Zayn says with a frown. "Exactly! Then I kept asking him what he was doing, next thing you know he blows up, calls everything off and leaves" he says wiping his eyes.

"Well you can stay here as long as you need too" Harry sighs, "Thank you" "Did you bring any clothes?" "I packed just in case anything would happen, it's in the trunk"

Zayn leans over to hug him, "Well I'll tell Liam to grab your things, just let Louis cool off and maybe he'll come back?"

Harry snorts bitterly, "Why do I feel like a fool? Like I had a gut wrenching feeling that Louis wouldn't take this marriage thing seriously. The wedding is in September and he goes off cutting it off"

Harry says rubbing his face. "How about you take a nap in one of the spare rooms, when you wake I'll make some tomato soup cause you're starting to sound sick" he says feeling his wet forehead.

Harry gives him a small smile, "Thank you Zee." he says with a sniffle. "No problem bubby" Zayn says watching Harry walk up the steps.

As soon as he's gone Liam and Ezra's head pop in the doorway, "What happened? Argument?" "Worse, Louis called the wedding off"

Liam frowns, "What? Why? It's in two months!" "Well Harry caught him at the coffee shop with his ex girlfriend from highschool, they were holding hands, etc. Harry confronted him, he acted dumb, they fought, Louis called it off and left"

"Are you serious?" "Yup, can you get Harry's bag from his trunk?" He asks handing him the keys.

Ezra waddles over making grabbing hands at Zayn, "Aba" he gurgles making Zayn pick him up kissing his forehead. "Maybe I should go out and look for him?"

"I don't know, maybe tomorrow? Harry needs to be alone right now" "Yeah, alright" he says going to the grin door

Zayn pecks Ezra's forehead, "I hope you don't be a guy like Louis. Not that he's bad or anything" Ezra pokes his noise pouting, "Pway Hawa" "Uncle Harry is sleeping right now pumpkin"

Ezra starts to whine crossing his arms. "Can I play with you?" "No" Ezra says making Zayn pout. "Okay" he says as Ezra slides off his lap rushing to get on the couch.

Liam comes back in, soak and wet making Zayn smile. "I like when you wear white T shirts" "Why?" He asks setting the suitcase near the steps. "Cause I get to see your abs, duh"

"Yknow you're allowed to touch these" he says flexing. "Now you're being cocky, cocky is a turn off" "Yeah sure, what's wrong with Ezra?" He says motioning to the one year old lying on the couch

"He wants to play with Harry and I told him he's sleeping" Liam pouts putting a blanket on the half asleep ginger.

"You really think Louis cheated?" Liam asks taking a seat next to Zayn. "I don't think so, I mean I know Louis. And I know how much love he has for Harry, he wouldn't screw it up"

"This is weird" "Why?" "Just the other day you accused me of cheating" "Shut up Liam, I was hormonal and I'll believe anything" Liam kisses him a kiss on the cheek, "I'm just playing darling"

Zayn sticks his tongue out at him before opening his laptop once again. "Maybe I should text him? To see where he is?" "Go ahead, just don't tell him to come here. If Harry sees him I'm sure he'll break his face and cry"

Liam nods tapping in his phone, he had sent a quick message asking if he was okay.

He was waiting for a reply when he saw that Louis read it, "He's not responding" "Did he read it?" "Yes" he says sending a couple more messages

Zayn scoffs patting his bicep, "Then put it away, he'll have to answer soon Li"

Liam chewed on his lip turning his screen off to help Zayn with Ezra's birthday invitations. It had been an hour later and Liam's phone vibrated, he looked away from the computer opening the text

Lou🐭: Fuck off, I don't want to talk to you

^^^^^^^
:')

How'd you like today's chappy?

-Saliah xx