*8*

"Dadee!" Ezra whines loudly kicking at his feet. "Ezzy were gonna see daddy now" "Wan dadee" he says giving him a a sad look from the back seat.

Zayn quickly snaps a picture cooing, "Look buddy we'll see daddy real soon, we're gonna go vroom vroom"

"Voom?" "Vroom" Zayn says giggling making Ezra smile clapping. He couldn't help but think of the okays Augustus and Hazel shared in his book.

The man starts the car wiggling to get comfortable, he turns on the radio hearing squeals erupt from his baby in the back.

Today Zayn was gonna surprise Liam at work, he didn't want himself or Ezra to stay cooped up in the house. The ride there was silent, well besides Ezra in the background babbling along to the radio.

Zayn had parked in the parking that has the sign Payne. Yeah, his husband had his own parking spot too, be jealous.

Zayn got out the putting the baby bag on his back opening the back door, he watches Ezra squeal hiding his face.

Zayn chuckles unbuckling him, "ready to see daddy?" He asks putting his little cap on his curls to protect his eyes from the bright sun

He held the one year old on his hip locking the car door, "Let's go surprise daddy" he says bouncing the giggling baby on his hip.

He opens the large glass door leading him inside the slightly crowded building, he makes his way to the receptionist desk

"Oh my goodness, Zayn is that you?" The receptionist, a sweet old lady Mary, says coming over to hug him. Zayn sets Ezra down to hug her back, "How're you Mary?"

"Good, oh you look so handsome. You got the glow and everything, how do you feel?" "I'm alright, the baby still kicks non stop when this one," he says ruffling Ezra's curls. "Screams around the house"

"Oh hi cutie pie, the last time I saw you, you were so tiny" she says to Ezra who hugs Zayn's leg giving her a smile. "Say hi to Mary bubby"

"Hi" Ezra says before putting his hand in his mouth. "Oh he's so precious" she says pinching his chubby cheek. "Is Liam in a meeting?"

"Oh no, he's in his office. Just went up a couple minutes ago to show a new coworker around the building"

Zayn nods, "Alright well I'll go up, I'll see you later" Mary waves and Ezra cheeses waving back as he grabs onto Zayn's pants

Zayn holds his hand as he presses the elevator door open, "You ready to see daddy?" Ezra moves his feet excitingly as they walk in. Zayn presses the number 7 as the elevator music begins to play

Ezra starts moving his head making Zayn laugh. "This is what happens when daddy plays hotline bling to much" he says watching Ezra bend his knees 'dancing'.

Once it dings opens Ezra rushes out making Zayn rush after him. Zayn turns the corner to see Ezra who had his hands in his mouth as Nick held him in his arms

"Aw hey Zayn, what're you doing here?" "Hello Nick, just thought I'd stop by and surprise Liam" "Aw look at your bump" he says poking at it.

"My p'nut" Ezra says furrowing his little eyebrows. Nick coos, "Isn't that adorable, I could just eat you up" he says making Ezra pat his face with the hand he had in his mouth