•Chapter 1•

[Jai]

Family. The people who made you who you are today. From the time your mom taught you how to braid your hair to that time your dad taught you how to change the oil in your car. For some family is the one thing you never want to come into contact with and sometimes...

"Dad! Did you take my eyeliner again?!"

I ran down the stairs to the band room where my dad and his band are practicing. I hopped down the stairs walking into the room where they were all set up connected to the amps with the drums miced.

"Dad, I need my eyeliner I gotta do my makeup."

"You don't need makeup sweets," my dad said into the microphone with the echo feature on.

"Stop being a dad and just tell me where my eyeliner is," I smiled rolling my eyes.

"It's up on your mom's makeup table."

"You mean you and mom's makeup table," I teased before walking upstairs to grab the eyeliner.

As I start to do my makeup in the bathroom my little brother Jake comes in half awake at 11:30 as usual. Teenage boys. I put a winged eyeliner on over my mocha eyeshadow.

"Where are you going," Jake asked as I grabbed my black leather purse and my car keys from my room.

"I'm meeting with a guy who is from the School of Rock all the way in Texas."

"Why," he yawned rubbing his eyes.

"That's why I'm going," I said walking to the stairs, "I'm gonna find out."

"Alright," he yawned as I stood on my tip toes to mess up his hair.

I jumped down the stairs and went out the door. I alway love meeting with Rock and Roll camps for kids. With my dad being in a band he tried to get all three of us kids to play all the instruments we could as young as we could. It's part of the reason why I have been guitar, piano, bass, drums, harmonica, and singing since I was 3.

I got into my car and started driving to a coffee shop in San Francisco where I was meeting this guy. The drive was a good 25 minutes which I don't consider to be too bad of a drive. I drove down a highway that would hopefully get me there in 20 minutes since I was already running late. I looked at my phone buzzing so much I felt like it was shaking the car. I looked at the called ID it was only Joey, my older brother.

"Hey Joey!"

"Hey Jai! Are you with mom?"

"What did you do," I snapped at him assuming he made some type of mess in his apartment that wasn't far from our house.

"Nothing! I just may or may not have stained my carpet with pudding."

"Ughhh. Take a wet towel and DAB IT! Don't rub! It'll make it worse."

"This is why you're my favorite sister."

"I'm your only sister."

"Which makes you by default my favorite," we laughed.

"Are you coming over for dinner tonight?"

"Yeah I'll be over at 4:30 to help mom cook."

"Aww... Kiss ass," I teased, "hopefully I'll be home before then."

"Alright. Ill see you tonight."

"See you then. Love you asswipe."

"Love you too dipshit."

-----
I finally pulled up in front of the coffee shop lucky for me I was only 4 minutes late. I walk in a see a tall guy with dark ginger hair and a bread standing in back. He looks at me and comes to shake my hand.

"Jai hi! I'm Adam the head of the school of Rock in Dallas Texas," he smiled shaking my hand politely.