--

I sit alone. Then bella comes and joins me.
"I can't keep having the same chat bella. So there's just no point trying to talk to me."
"I'm not here for a chat. I know what's going on. Im her nurse remember, im the one looking after her."
"So what do you want then?" I say angrily.
"I came her to be alone. Just like you I guess. But seen as your here..."
She sits next to me, really close. She holds her arms out, and I just nod. I fall into her arms, and we hug it out. I can tell we both need it.
There's nothing else we can do for the moment than just wait.

--

Sarah told me to go home. It's 3 in the afternoon and people are starting to get fed up. Some don't seem to quite understand the seriousness of Darcy's situation.
I was getting too stressed out with everything so I said goodbye and left. Sarah is going to explain everything to everyone. I can't believe this day has been ruined.
I had everything planned out. And darcy will never know

It's about 4 now, and I've heard no news from sarah. Things are probably all being packed up now.
Ring ring... Ring ring...
My phone starts going off like crazy. It's Sarah. For a moment I have a little hope in me. Could this be it, is she awake?
"Sarah, what is it?"
"She's awake Ben she's awake, now quickly come because-"
I get straight on my motorbike and ride towards the hospital. I shouldn't really be going this fast considering my accident last week. But my mind isn't working properly, I'm just too excited to see her.
I sprint up to the ward, passing the hall along the way. Everyone's still in there, they haven't all packed up yet!
I reach her door. When Sarah stops me and gives me a massive hug.
"Now you've got to be gentle Ben. I know your excited but she's still quite sick remember."
I can't reply, I'm just too lost for words. Sarah stays outside and I slowly make my way in.
"Ben?" Her voice makes an attempt at speaking.

(Darcy's POV)

My eyes are still struggling to focus on everything. All I see is Ben , I think, slowly walking towards me. I'm struggling to think of why I'm here. Then it all suddenly comes flooding back and I start to freak out.
"But Ben, no, you were, you crashed you were sick , I was-"
"Darcy shhhh, it's okay." He grabs hold of my hand and glares deeply into my eyes. "I will explain. But first off all, I would like to be the first one to say... Happy birthday!"
"Wait what!" I try and scream but not much comes out."it's not my birthday  it's not for like another week."
"Darcy, you've been asleep for the past week. I know it's a lot to take in, but trust me, your 17."
Okay, wow. I wasn't expecting to wake up a 17 year old. Suddenly all these questions start taking over my mind. And I shout them all out to Ben at once.
He explains to me about the infection, and how they had to put me in a medically induced coma. And he said sorry like a thousand times.
"Ben it's alright. The infection wasn't your fault. You know that."
"I'm just so glad I'm talking to you. You won't believe how awful this past week has been for me."
"Oh Ben. I think I have a bit of an idea now." Even though I'm still in a lot of shock. I decide to speak to him about how his crash affected me, and how I now understand what it's like to be on the other side of things.
We hold a hug for longer than we ever have before. Then another voice comes beside me. "Darcy, oh Darcy" she joins In the hug.
"I love you mum. And I'm so sorry"
We have a catch up on what's been going on the last week, then suddenly, Ben jumps up. "Oh my gosh, I completely forgot." He says.
"Forgot what!"  I ask.
"The party."
"Wait what"
"Sarah, I've got to go to the hall and tell everyone what's going on. If you could get the nurses to tell her she's awake, then ask them to bring her down as soon as possible."
"Of course Ben."
"Can someone please tell me what's going on!" I say as loud as my voice will let me.
"Sorry darcy, explain in a bit. See you again In a sec." He lightly kisses me on the forehead then runs out of the room.
"Mum, I'm worried now."
"No honestly darling, there's nothing to worry about. It's more like something to be excited about. I'll go get the nurses, you wait here a second."
Well it's not exactly like I can go anywhere. He mentioned something about a party? Oh no, not a birthday party. I've literally just woken up and am still a bit confused on what has happened. I can't be with a bunch of people right now. But I guess... If Ben's organised it, and he looked so excited about it all, I'll just go along with it.

The nurses, including Bella, help me up and into a wheelchair. They said they could take me down on my bed if I want, but I said I don't want to be looking that sick Infront of all my family members.
I immediately regret my decision. I'm so wobbly. It's like relearning to walk again. But I do it anyway, it's my birthday, it's a special day, and I want to be able to celebrate.

I get wheeled down by bella and my mum to a large hall, where all the sick kids usually go. It's pitch black, until suddenly "surprise!" Everyone screams.
Oh my gosh, there are literally like 50 people here. Friends from my old school have even turned up. I never usually let them see my without any make-up on, let alone looking like this. I still have a drip attatched to my hand, I haven't had a bath in over a week, and let's not even mention what I'm wearing.
Suddenly all these people (some I don't immediately recognise) come rushing towards me. I get loads of kisses and hugs from loads of people, even my grandma showed up. You know... The one I told you about that had Cancer but never moaned, and is now moaning at me saying I shouldn't moan. So yeah... I hope I don't have to have much interaction with her.
"Darcy I'm so glad your awake!" Chelsea comes running over and squeezed me tightly.
"Wait, how did you-"
"Ben told me everything, and how sick you've been. I'm so so so sorry that I haven't been here for you more, it's just with college and -"
"Chelsea. Honestly it's okay. You've been a great friend to me, Thankyou so much for being here." I give her another hug, she leans in fast and squeezes me tighter. My lungs feel weak, I'm guessing the infection was pretty bad. But at the moment, I don't really want to know the full extent of it all.
And finally ben. He prances over like a little kid to me.
"Darcy, I'm just so... I couldn't be happier I've missed you too much."
He kneels down and stares me in the eyes, then we both lean in closer together, I can feel the heat bouncing off our lips. Then we collide. My body sinks down into his Arms as he wraps them around my waist. I needed this, it's been way too long since we've been able to show real affection towards eachother.
He finishes off, then grabs my hand. "Come on, there's something i need to show you."
He keeps hold of my hand whilst Bella  pushes me over to a large screen.
"Everyone gather round!" Ben shouts.
Everyone sits around the screen with their drinks, but still chatting to eachother. It's nice, not just for me, but for everyone to get together once in a while. It's almost like a family reunion, and ben set it all up. There's just one person that's missing, but I know even though I can't see my dad, it doesn't mean he can't see me. He's probably up there right now, having his own little celebration for me. I miss him too much. My emotions start to fluctuate, but then I'm distracted by the large screen turning on. "I hope you enjoy it Darcy" ben says then turns his attention to the screen with a smile. As the music starts ,everyone goes silent.

It's a montage of photos of me when I was younger. And lots of photos of my family too, I hug up close to my brother and my mum. They give me lovely smiles but we all cringe at the sight of our younger selves. It's a beautiful video, ben must have got someone professional to do it. The tears start really coming out when they show pictures of me and my dad.
I don't know what to say when it ends. I'm completely speechless. "Thank you so much ben. That was beautiful."
I kiss him on the cheek, and hold myself in his arms. Everyone goes up to him and tells him how beautiful the video was. Then suddenly, everyone goes rushing towards something.
"What are they all excited about?" I say.
"The buffea." Ben Says. "Now I know your not going to be up for much eating. But would you like something."
"Honestly not now ben. Maybe something later."

All my family walk over to the table laid out with all my favourite foods. I want to eat something so bad, but at the moment I feel like my stomach will completely reject it all.
Bella wheels me over to a table with the rest of my family.

It was was an amazing day. I woke up from a coma, then got a birthday party!
I got to catch up with loads of friends from college, and loads of family members.
When the last person leaves, ben sees them out, and then he walks over to me.
"What a Way to wake up from a week long sleep huh!" Ben says.
"Yeah, it was certainly unexpected."
"I'm sorry it's not a typical, 17 year olds, night club party."
"Ben, this is more special than any other party anyone could have organised for me. I can't thankyou enough."

I guess the next thing for us, is to recover from probably the most eventful few weeks we've ever had...