Chapter Eleven Too Much Pride

Start from the beginning

"You know you're kind of smart for a jackass." I admitted as I stared up at him. He smiled a genuine smile at me before shaking his head.

"Only you can compliment someone while insulting them." He laughed as he held his hand out for me. Was he always this nice or did I not give him a chance? I took his hand and stood up."You know this doesn't change anything between us right? We still don't like each other."

I nodded, "I wouldn't have it any other way." I replied while shaking my head. Harry wasn't so bad, he had a big ego that needed to go down some sizes. But still he wasn't so bad.

"Besides I don't need a crazy girl as a friend." He replied as he smirked at me. Forget everything I said before, Harry's an ass. I rolled my eyes and smacked him in the back of the head.

"Enough with the hitting." He said while rubbing his head." I bruise easy." he complained as we walked into the house. Everyone but Andrew was sitting in the living room.

"Where's Andrew?" I asked as I looked around. I felt my face go red as Louis looked at me. His brow rose as he looked at me with a questioning gaze. Backing away from them I turned to go look up stairs. When did I start blushing?

He must be in his room. Turning the knob I slowly walked into his room. He didn't look up as I came in; he just turned a page in the book he was reading. He was reading which only meant he was looking for an escape from his current situation. I sat down on his bed and said "Andrew we need to talk."

"What do we need to talk about Blake?" He said while turning a page again. I reached out and took the book from him. He sighed and reached over on his dresser and opened up another book. I rolled my eyes and took that book from him to. We could do this till he ran out of books then he would have to talk to me.

"Andrew please just talk to me." I begged as he was reaching for another book. He stopped and turned and looked at, he crossed his arms over chest. I guess he was waiting for me to speak."You know I don't hate you right?"

He sighed, "Of course I know you don't hate me Kendall, but you just don't understand that I just want what's best for you."

"I do understand that Andrew; but you need to understand that I'm not a child anymore. You need to let me make my own mistakes and learn from them." I said as I looked at him. I hated to see him sad but he needed to hear this. If he didn't he would continue to treat me like a baby which I'm far from.

"I know you're grown Andrew; we are in fact the same age remember. But I just want to protect you from making those mistakes." He admitted. My brother could be so clueless sometimes. He couldn't protect me from making mistakes but he could be there for me when I did.

I lay down next to him," Andrew you can't stop me from making mistakes." I paused as I stared at him, "But you can be there for me when I make them, that's what big brothers are for."

"Maybe I did overreact a little bit." He admitted sounding a little amused. So I'm guessing he was over it now. This was how we worked we fought, made up, then laughed about what we were fighting about. I loved my brother no matter what we went through.

"Yeah you did overreact; you even punished the boys too." I said, smirking.

"No actually Paul punished them. He said whatever punishment I gave you they would have to do it. I didn't really think that was fair because neither one of them came home drunk, but I didn't question him." He told me as he closed his eyes. I wondered why they were helping me clean the house up."And the fact I had you work with Harry made your punishment worse."

"I'm going to cook your favorite meal to night." I said as I looked over at Andrew. Smiling when I noticed he was sleep I eased out of his bed. A shook my head as I looked at him, he could be a pain in the ass but he was my pain in the ass. Quietly and slowly I walked out of the room and shut the door. I'd wake him up when it was time to eat.