Epilogue

3rd POV

*September 14th*

It was 5:00 in the morning in Nassau Bahamas. The sun was slowly rising above the horizon. It was true in this place that summer never end. But on this day it truly did.

A 1967 Chevrolet Impala pulled up to a hidden cove that morning. It was quiet and a little early for anyone to be in such a place on such a day.
It was the first day of school for the kids of the island. Most would still be sleeping at this hour trying to get as much before the big day.
But as 17 year old soon to be senior Dean Winchester stepped out of his car he knew he had to do one more thing before he started his day.
Life for the winchesters and friends went back to normal. Well for the most part. The memory whip Chuck had casted worked. No one remembered how mers were discovered. Naomi had shut down the organization as well and her and her husband had moved too the USA to become professors for marine biology.

As for the Novaks well life was perfect. The kingdom was at peace. With them back in rule the kingdom was a happy place.
The winchesters would visit the kingdom almost everyday and the Novaks would occasionally come to the surface to spend time with them as well.

Dean walked over to the edge of the water and sat down in the sand and waited. Soon enough a black shimmering tail flicked through the water and the user half of a boy emerged in front of Dean.
The boy had Raven hair and in it was a crown. His eyes were a beautiful bright blue and his chest was bare. His smile was large as he spotted the boy he loved most sitting there waiting for him.
"Morning Dean." Castiel had hummed
Dean leaned down planting a kiss on the merman's lips
"Hey Cas. I thought I drop by before I headed off to school."
Castiels head tilted in confusion
"How did you know I'd be here at such an hour?"
Dean chuckled
"Cas I know you better then anyone. Like hell you would give up a perfect opportunity to escape the royal life for a bit and go exploring."

The rule was lifted and now mers could leave the kingdom as they please to explore. You could even go to the surface but would have to have a knowledge of the human world first and could not be exposed.

Castiel laughed "You do know me too well."

They talked for a while about what has been happening. Castiel told Dean about how Mike was already being trained into taking the throne in two years. He told him about his Prince duties and his ideas he had for the kingdoms future.
Dean told him about what he had planned for school. How he was excited to get his fourth varsity letter on the swim team. Cas was excited to hopefully go to a swim meet of his hearing how good his human boyfriend was.

"Dean...when you are done with high school does that mean we can be together forever?"

Deans smile fathered a little knowing the truth about that college he applied for recently for swimming in fact all the way in the states. But all Dean did was take his hand and kiss the back of it
"Of coarse Cas."

He looked at his watch and frowned
"Shit I gotta go. Can't be late on my first day."
Cas nodded
"Remember to meet me here after your school. Bring Sam too Gabriel misses him."
Dean smiled leaned in planting a passionate kiss on his lovers lips.
"I love you Castiel."
Castiel smiled
"And I love you too Dean."

And that was it. That was the story of how two completely different worlds came together to become something more. About two boys that although lived two totally different lives formed a more profound bond.

And some bonds can never be broken

The End.