Chapter 2: your crazy

Deans POV

"Dude I'm telling you the truth!" I practically screamed in Garths ear as we drove in to town.
"Your crazy man." He muttered
"No I'm not! I really saw a merman!"
"I think you had to many beers."
"I only had one!"
He gave me a really look
"Ok two. but I'm not making this up!"
He looked back at the road continuing to drive. Not long after my encounter with the merman I ran out of the water completely dumbstruck. We left and I told garth everything as we made our way back to the jeep. As you can see he is not buying it.

"Come on man. Me and you both know that, that crap doesn't exist. You probably just saw a large fish."
"That has a human half from waist up!"
He just groaned and shook his head
"What ever dude."
I sighed and just continue to look at the scene as we drove through town. I know what I saw. It was a merman. Not a bad looking one ether. Those eyes were drilled into my head. Bright blue. It was like they were their own blue. So beautiful.

We pulled up to the garage too see Bobby waiting for us outside.
"There you idijits are! Your late!"
"Sorry Bobby we were doing something." Called Garth
Bobby just rolled his eyes
"Well when you girls are ready there's a car in need of a tune up."
I quickly rushed away from the jeep over to Bobby. Bobby knew this island better then me and lived longer here. In fact he was the one to inform my dad about the new opening in the marine park.
"Bobby can I ask you a question?"
Garth groaned loudly
"What ever man I can't listen to anymore of your fairytale stories."
With that Garth strolled into the garage letting out a "Ash my man!"

Bobby looked at me confused
"What is he yapping about?"
I shook my head
"Nothing its just I need to ask you something........Have you've ever......you know seen anything.......unusual in the water around here."
Bobby raised a questioning eyebrow
"Where is this going boy?"
I rubbed the back of my neck
"Bobby I saw something today. I think it was a.........merman......Garth says I'm crazy but I know what I saw Bobby. You've been on this island longer then I have. Is it possible that maybe I might not totally be losing it?"
Bobby had paled slightly. I looked at his eyes. He wasn't telling me something and it was plan as day.
"He's right your crazy. Now get to work." Bobby replied quickly before rushing away leaving me dumbfounded. I ran my fingers through my hair sighing to myself before walking into the garage.

Dammit by Blink-182 was blasting on the stereo. youtu.be/JM7bkQ4HUK0
Great song, it seemed to clear my head from all the thoughts but those bright blue eyes were still there. Every time I blinked. And what do you know the band of this song is called Blink. Ok maybe it wasn't helping as much as I thought.
The smell of car grease and oil entered my noise as I made my way over to a large truck Garth and Ash were under. Ash was Jo's step brother and also helped both women, her and Ellen, in the dinner not to far from here.
I grabbed a beer from the mini cooler.
The boys seemed to notice my presence
"Ah Dean! Garth tells me you have a new boy friend!"
I rolled my eyes and popped open the hood of the truck
"Fuck off Ash." I muttered
"So you really think you saw a merman?"
I looked at the mullet wearing prick. Trust me I love Ash like a brother but he can really get on my nerves
"I don't know what I saw man. Can we just drop it."
He shrugged
"What ever dude."

We spent the rest of the day fixing up cars till sun down. Garth dropped me off at my place and I took my impala to go pick up Sam from his summer job that was much more money making then mine. Curse him and his smart mind.
I had an all access pass to the resort so I merely just parked and strolled in. I walked past the pools that were filled with turtles and sharks and all different sorts of fish. This is one of the reasons I love Atlantis. It wasn't like an aquarium were everything was in one building, inside one tank or more. These were pools that looked realistic, and was outside for everyone to see.
I walked past the large salt water lake that lead out to the ocean that had turtles and other creatures swimming in it. Along with tourists snorkeling along the shore.
Finally I walked down a stone path right into Dolphin Cay in the distance I saw Dolphins jumping in the air doing tricks and the trainers in the water commanding them. Children clapped and laughed with delight as each trick was preformed perfectly.
"hey Dean!"
I turned away from the scene to see Sam coming out of the research building in a new shirt and shorts but not so dry hair.
"Hey Sammy how was work?"
"Good. I got help feed the animals today and work down in the under ground aquariums. I made 20 bucks!"
I smiled
"Cool. So do I need to drop off Jess?"
Sam frowned and a trace of sadness crossed over his features
"No her mom picked her up early."
He said as we started to walk out of the Cay.
"Sam what happened?" I sigh knowing something was up. I stopped him and gripped him by the shoulder firmly making him look at me.
"Sam." I said sternly
He sighed deeply. He mumbled something I couldn't get out
"Sam half of the time I can't get you to shut up I know you can talk louder."
"She tried to kiss me." He blurted out
My eyes widened in shock.
"And what did you do?"
"That I wasn't interested."
"Wow what did she say-"
I noticed a hand print on his right cheek
"She didn't take it well." He muttered
I crouched down to look at Sam, looking at the bruise forming on his cheek. I couldn't believe Jess slapped him. They've been best friend since.....well forever. And just because he doesn't like her that way she slaps him? That's not right.
"I'm sorry Sammy."
I noticed tears forming in his eyes. Jess slapping him must of hurt him more then I thought. I pulled him into a hug.
"How about we go home, I'll clean up your shiner and we'll have a movie night."
I let go and he gave me a small smile nodding letting his long hair bounce.
"Ok." I ruffled his hair.
He groaned and tried to fix it
"Jerk."
I laughed
"Get in the car bitch."

I cleaned up Sam and his large bruise and we watched some Chuck Norris film. I wasn't really paying attention to the film though. I was still thinking about what happened this morning. I can't be crazy. I saw it. It was really there. Those were the bright blue eyes of a merman. Eyes that I now could not get out of my head.

I carried my brother into bed and made sure he was fully asleep before grabbing my coat and walking out the door.

Castiels Pov

"So are you going to tell us where you were all day Castiel or are we going to sit here all night in till you do?!" Shouted Michael

They found out I skipped my jobs. Luckily they didn't know where I went. I found out they went to Meg but Meg is my best friend. She wouldn't tell. So when I came home they started yelling at me on where the hell I was. Mostly Michael.
"I told you I was out with a friend." I lied.
Well I guess I could say I was out with someone. That human boy had been stuck in my head all day! His dirty blonde hair. That tan ab body. But it still wasn't the abs. Those eyes. Those magnificent eyes that were the greenest if green!
"Come on Mikey will use to skip work when we were his age too." Balthy stood up for me always.
"Yeah Mikster give the kid a break."
Michael sighed and pinched the bridge of his noise.
"I'm sorry." He said he looked at me and pulled me into a hug "I just don't want anything to happen to you little brother."
"I'm fine Michael I'm sorry I scared you."

That night I laid awake in my bed staring up at the shell covered ceiling. I wonder if that boy is having trouble sleeping like me. I wonder if he is thinking about me. Wait why would a beautiful creature like him think of a creature like me?
My curiosity got the better of me. So I got out of bed and swam out of my house with out waking my brother up.