Chapter 1: The Mutant Stark

Start from the beginning

Tony was stunned "Holy shit, it work! It really work. Jarvis get the interdemensional communicator up."

Alina opened her eyes, that white light had been blinding. When her eyesight cleared she found herself standing outside the gates of Rivendell.

"Holy shit, it really worked."

At that precise moment the communicator goes off.

"Tony it worked I am outside the gates of Rivendell."

Tony's mouth falls open " No freakin' way? That is just too cool, okay Honey Bunny come back."

Alina tried to teleport, but she can't. It seems that she has used up too much power.

"Tony, I can't I'm out of juice. Looks like I'm trapped here for a bit, until I recharge at least."

Tony started to panic. Alina could hear in his voice. "Please don't worry Tony. I can take care of myself. After all I am a level 5 Mutant and I do have healing factor. I'll be fine, oh hey I got to go someone is coming to the gate."

As Alina disconnect her call with Tony. Someone indeed did show up at the gate.

"Welcome to Rivendell. I am Lindir, My Lord Elrond has been expecting you. Let me show you to his study."

Alina was taken aback in utter shock. How could this Elf be expecting her? That just wasn't possible. But then again a few minutes ago she thought Middle Earth didn't exist. She guessed anything was possible.

Alina followed the tall Elf. She had to almost jog to keep up with him. Lindir noticed and adjusted his stride accordingly. Once they reached Lord Elrond study, he bid her to take a seat Lord Elrond would be in shortly. She did not wait long for Lord Elrond to come gliding into the room and sat down opposit her.

"Ah, young lady, you have finally arrived. Frankly you are overdue I expected you her 5 days ago."

Alina had a bewildered look on her face. "How is that possible? My brother and I only thought up this trick today. How did you know I was coming?"

Lord Elrond smiled at Alina. "I sometimes get glimpses of the future through dreams. Though I must say this one was a little more specific."

Alina raised an eyebrow. "Like what did you see?"

Lord Elrond templed his fingers "I saw that your name is Stark, that you come from another world. That you came her to stop a tragedy that will befall the line of Durin. And that you are not human."

Alina swallowed back a little bile that had risen to her throat. How could one person know so much about her.

"Well I guess you pretty much know everything." Alina says.

He gave her a nod. "Not everything. I don't know your name, for instance, and I don't know why you are not human. You are not an Elf and you are certainly not a Dwarf. Are you Istari?"

Alina laughed at the mention of these things. "No, I am none of those things, but first my name is Alina Stark, younger sister to Tony Stark. Now to answer your question, I am what is called in my world a Mutant."

Lord Elrond gave her a questioning look. Alina explained further. "A Mutant is a person that is born with something extra inside them that causes them to develope some form of powers or may cause them to look different. Usually their powers don't manifest themself until they hit puberty, sometimes as early as ten. But in my case since I am considered extremely intelligent I developed them at five years old. Later on developed others."

Lord Elrond looked very impressed Alina. "What are these gifts that you have?"

"The easiest one I can show you is the healing factor. I can heal from any wound. Basically I can't die. I'll show you how quickly I heal. may I borrow your dagger?"

Lord Elrond gave his dagger to her and she immediately slammed it all the way through her forearm until it stuck out the other side. Lord Elrond was in shock. She then pulled out with some difficulty. But as soon as it was out the wound healed with no scar.

Lord Elrond grabbed her arm to examine it."That is absolutely amazing. What other gifts do you have?"

Alina stood up. "The other ones would be best if I show you outside."

They went to a garden that had a small pond nearby and Alina look up at Lord Elrond and told him.

"You may want to stay behind me for this one. This power is my main power. The one I use to fight with when neccesary. I'm called an elemental. I can control earth, air, water, fire, and metal. Let me demonstrate."

She immediately stomped her foot and a large chunk of earth came out of the ground floating in midair. Using the water from the pond as a whip, she cut the boulder in half. Place the two halves back on the hole she ran her foot over it and it was like it had never happened. Then she threw a fire ball at one of the statues setting it ablaze. Using the wind, She blew it out. Finally she ask Lord Elrond for his sword. With the snap of her fingers bent it in half. She then ran a finger along the sword and straighened it to perfection.

The last one was teleporting. "I don't know if I can do this one I used a lot of energy to get here so I'm kind of weak."

Lord Elrond nodded and told her not to bother then, but she insisted. Alina Concentrated a little harder than normal and in the blink of an eye she teleported to the balcony above. She called to Lord Elronds attention so he could she where she was. But after that performance she was wiped out. Lord Elrond had Lindir lead her to one of the guest room so she could sleep as long as needed.

Lord Elrond went back to his study to reflect on what he had witness. Alina was indeed very powerful and would be a great asset to the Company. Who were determined to reclaim their homeland at any cost. He was convince that she would be able to save the line of Durin. Though for some reason on the edge of his mind a thought would not leave him 'and continue it'. But he disregarded it. Now the only problem was to convince a cantankerous, egotistical, old Dwarf to let her join.

Elrond sighed "Easy enough."