Chapter Seven Working Girl Blues

Start from the beginning

"Harry and Trent are going to Galton to get a part for the bus. I don't know where Zayn is but Louis is going with you too. He actually suggested he wanted to go Niall just wanted to see the animals." He informed me. My eyes went wide; I didn't want to be stuck with Louis all day. He better not bring up last night.

"You must really hate me." I replied.

"No actually I really do love you. But Blake it's not healthy for you to push people away like you do. You refuse to talk to other people that you haven't known since you were little. Most of the people in the town are afraid of you and don't talk to you. You've never had a boyfriend, which isn't a bad thing by the way." He went silent for a minute before speaking again. "All I'm saying is that you should try to get to know them before you try to push them away." He added.

"I don't push people away." I lied.

"You are suffering from a classic case of denial." He said while laughing. I scoffed before flushing the toilet and walking out of the bathroom. Who was he to say that I pushed people away? He only knew everything about me; he knew what made me snap and even what made me cry. I guess that's why he was my brother.

I peaked in my room a devilish smile made its way to my face when I saw a sleeping Louis. I ran down stairs and got a bucket from the closet, ran back up stairs and into the room where Paul was sleeping. He raised his eyebrow at me and I sent him a small smile. I walked back to the room with the bucket of cold water in my hands. I had to admit he did kind of look cute while he was sleeping. Did I just say Louis looked cute while he slept? I must be going crazy, definitely bonkers for sure. I shook my head and tossed the water on Louis.

He jumped to his feet quickly to shake the water away. I couldn't help but laugh at him and his startled expression. When he stopped shaking his hair he smirked at me and took a step closer to me. I fought the urge to step back from his intimidating stance.

"Kendall you should be ashamed of yourself." He teased with a shocked expression on his face."I can't believe that you're trying to get me wet before the day even begins." He shook his head as he wiggled his finger in front of my face. I didn't know if I needed to slap him or punch him for that statement. And he had the nerves to smirk at me.

"We have to leave in thirty minutes so go get dressed." I snapped and pointed towards the open door. He nodded his head but winked at me before he left. I was so going to work him to death today I thought as I closed the door to my room.

It didn't take us long to walk to old man Fosters house. He was sitting on his porch rocking in his rocking chair and chewing tobacco. It was a bad habit of his that I tried to get him to stop. But it's not like he would listen anyway. Most of the time he had already completed the work, but had me listen to his stories. He had so many but nobody to tell them to so I figured he was just paying me for my company. But today he looked tired and worn out.

"Morning Mr. foster got any work for me today." I asked as put my hands on my hips. He nodded and tried to stand but ended up falling back in his chair. I rushed to his side immediately as he began to cough violently.

"Don't worry about me Kendall I'm just getting old." He stopped talking as another cough racked through his body."Their isn't much for you to do but feed the dogs, get the eggs from the chicken coop and feed them, and you know what you already have to do with the horses, And then you have to milk Bessie. Then after you are done, you and your friends can come and have a drink with me if you want." He offered. I smiled at him and nodded. It shouldn't take us that long to get done with those simple tasks.