Chapter Twenty Eight

Because you all have been so amazing and supportive of my story, here's another update for getting me to... wait for it.... 10,000 READS!<3 I fucking love every single one of you that has ever read, commented, voted, or even glanced at my story. I seriously am so happy that you all like it because without your support and your comments I don't think this story could have ever gotten this far! So, without further ado, here's another chapter lovelies!!

xoxo, from Wonderland<3

LAIYA'S POV:

Walking out of the police station, I was on high alert. I made sure to check all around me at the people and know exactly where I was in my surroundings. I started walking down the street knowing exactly where to go, because at one point this was my home with Mrs. Nelson.

My thoughts were running haywire but I just kept chanting, it's gonna be okay, this will be over soon. I convinced myself that I would be stronger than ever and I truly felt like I was, but a small part of me was still that scared little girl from the first time he ever touched me. But I am going to end this, this horrible chapter of my life will finally be over and that's what was motivating me. 

I felt a hand on my shoulder knowing exactly who it was and why he was here.

"You never were a good listener even as a child," he spat at me. He was radiating with anger and fury all because I had finally told my story.

"Well, well, I was just looking for you," i smiled at him playing him like a toy I knew would soon be thrown away.

"Ah, were you? Because I don't think you'd find me in a police station Laiya," he gripped my shoulder even tighter maneuvering me through the street. 

"You sure about that? I'm pretty sure they keep all scum there."

"Feisty, are we? Well, we'll see how far that gets you. I decided you don't deserve another day with your friends, so we're leaving.. NOW." He turned into an alley way where a old van was parked, but before he could shove me in I stopped walking and made him face me.

"Just tell me why! Tell me why you ever touched me. Tell me why you hit me. Tell me why you came back after all these years and raped me again!" I shouted at him and pounded his chest. 

"Why, you ask.. well why not? You were MINE from the very beginning and you will forever be mine until the end of time. You were always so much more beautiful than your mother that's why I fed her so many drugs that day she overdosed. I was tired of her and that disgusting habit, so I bought her dope that was laced with rat poision. It quickly took care of the job as you saw. Then I had you all to myself. I could touch you whenever I wanted, and when you misbehaved I put you back into your place. That first time we were physically together was one of the best days of my life, but you selfishly ran away like the little bitch you are! So ungrateful for all that I had done for you so I hunted you down. I always knew where you were, and who you were with. After you left California, I took care of Mrs. Nelson. That hag didn't know what was coming for her. See what you don't understand is that I control everything and everyone you encounter. You will never be completely away from me, EVER. DO YOU UNDERSTAND!?" he shouted at me and then threw me against the van. He grabbed the back of my head and forced his lips on mine.

I struggled against him as much as I could then punched him in the cheek. I ran away from him when I heard a gun shot. My side was on fire so I went down to touch it when I pulled my hand back I saw there was blood on it, but I pushed forward against the horrendous pain in my side. 

"NOW!" I screamed into my earpiece when a police car whipped into the alley and Officer Matthews jumped out. I ran behind him and he pulled out his gun.

"DROP THE WEAPON! If you do not drop the gun, we WILL shoot!" an officer I didn't recognized shouted. I leaned against the car then slowly fell the ground.

"NO, SHE'S MINE! YOU FUCKERS WILL NEVER HAVE HER!" Samuel shouted followed by gunshots that made me jump. The pain was soon so overbearing I laid on my side that wasn't wounded on the cold hard ground. It ached and was searing away; it felt as if someone branded, stabbed, and burned me all at the same time.

"Laiya stay with us! We need a medic!" Officer Fielding said walking up to me. My vision became blurry and soon all I could do was drift off into the darkness finally at peace.