Chapter Twelve

I looked all around me praying I wouldn't see him. I grabbed the disgusting flowers, and walked into my room. I threw them away as soon as I could feeling like I had touched acid. 

How did he find me? After all this time, he found me. Oh my god, he's here in Arizona. What if he approaches me? What if he talks to the boys? I was frantic. I couldn't keep my thoughts straight.

I felt my heart start to race. I was dizzy and weak. I felt chills down my spine. I was loosing control of everything I had worked so hard for. I couldn't breath. I was inhaling short breaths and I knew I was having a panic attack. 

I started crying which smeared my make-up everywhere. I didn't care anymore. I dropped to the floor and sobbed. I couldn't believe it. I thought that running away he would have given up on me after all these years. I hated that horrible man. Why? Why now? Why couldn't you have just let me go? I thought making me sob even harder. 

I heard a soft ping indicating I had a text. I tried to calm down enough to read it.

"We're starved, so be ready in an hour to go eat." Adam texted.

What am I going to do? Should I tell the boys? I immediately rejected that notion. I knew this was something I'd have to deal with on my own. There's no way in hell I'm dragging these amazing guys into my fucked up past.

I stopped crying, and pulled myself together. I hopped in the shower to get ready to go with the guys.  As soon as I got out, I looked in the mirror at all of my scars. My father had burned me with cigarettes numerous times, but the worse scar I had was from the time he had burned and beaten me with the fire poker.

"Laiya, you want to know what makes me sick?" Dad said slurring his words. He'd obviously been drinking, but if I didn't respond I'd get a beating. He was poking the fire since it had been snowing all day. 

I avoided his gaze, and answered, "I don't know.."

"People. People make sick. You work hard your entire fucking life at one job, and then all of a sudden you're fired! You're fucking fired just cause you had a little sip of whiskey," he said stabbing the logs harder over and over again.

"I'm sorry.." I said, because honestly I expected this to happen sooner or later. I looked up, and saw him staring at me. It was terrifying, because he had a blank stare. I saw him lift the poker over his head and hit my right side. I fell in pain and anguish. My side burned, and ached so badly. He kept hitting me and hitting me until I was bleeding. I never screamed though, because screaming only made the suffering last longer.

I rubbed the long burn marks up and down my side before putting on my jean button-up shirt. I buttoned up my shirt and rolled up the sleeves. I slipped on my cream ruffle skirt over top of my shirt. I put on a cute brown belt on top, and put on my cream lace oxfords that matched. 

I blow-dryed my hair and curled it letting my black hair down. I put on pink lips, and mascara. I checked my stash of pills and grabbed several oxy's. It was going to be a long evening and I needed to calm down. 

I checked my iPhone revealing that it was almost time to go. I grabbed my camera and room key. I was terrified leaving my room knowing my father was out there, but I had to act like nothing was happening for the boy's sake. 

I walked out down to Austin and Alan's room and knocked. Alan answered giving me a huge smile and pulled me into a hug. I missed his smile, and seeing his smile made me smile even with the feeling of worry sinking my stomach.

"Hey Gingy," I said pulling back and letting him go.

"Princess Laiya, you look gorgeous as always," he said looking me up and down. I blushed, and looked down.