Chapter Fourteen

I heard a faint beeping sound, and felt a pounding in my head. I opened my eyes to a very white room. 

I started panicking, because I was alone and hooked up to a bunch of machines. I heard the beeping pick up, and I turned to look at it, but it hurt my head. 

I heard the door open which made me panic even more. I realized how vulnerable I really was laying here in this hospital bed. HE could come get me at any second. I tried pulling out the tubes, but a hand stopped me.

I looked up and met the gaze of an older man. He was wearing a white lab coat, and tried calming me down. 

"Miss Kingsley. please calm down. If you try and take this tubes off, we'll have to restrain you. It's alright, you're safe in a Arizona hospital," he said soothingly. I tried calming my heart down, but I was still frightened and hurting more by the minute.

He continued, "Miss, you've received multiple fractures to your ribs and your organs are bruised. You have a lot of cuts, bruises, and stitches everywhere. You're a very lucky girl Laiya. If your attacker had anymore time with you, you'd probably be dead."

"Thanks for making me better Doc." I said cheerfully. I'm glad he said attacker and no one knew who it was. I was already planning the story to tell when the doctor tried to get my attention again.

"Um, I know you're in a fragile state, but there are alot of worried tattooed men out in our lobby and if I don't let them see you soon I'm afraid there might be a riot," he chuckled. This was by far the coolest doctor I had ever been to.

"Yeah, sure. Let them in, but uh, doc, could you give me some pain meds or something. I'm in a HELL of a lot of pain."

"Yes, definitely no problem!" He walked out and soon my room was filled with the boys. The first one who got to my bed was, of course, Austin.

"Laiya, oh my god, are you okay?" Austin looked at me and I saw worry/concern etched through his warm brown eyes. I wish I could be honest and tell him the truth, but I didn't want to risk Samuel hurting him too.

"I'm alright just everything fucking hurts. How're you?" I said making small talk and smiling.

He didn't like that. None of the guys did.

"Laiya, seriously this isn't a fucking joke, what the hell happened?!" Austin said raising his voice.

"We found you bleeding, and nearly dead!" Alan said his voice breaking.

"We thought we lost you," Oliver said speaking for the first time. I looked at him, and I saw that he had been crying. All of the guys had been crying. I couldn't bear this; that everyone cared so much about me. I didn't want them to, because that meant making attachments and I couldn't do that with Samuel following me.

I looked at all of them, and finally spoke. "Look, I was walking to the bus and I was attacked from behind. I didn't get a look at them, and as soon as they heard someone they split. Alright? That's it."

"Seriously? That's it? You didn't see them at all?" Adam asked urging me to speak, but I couldn't. I didn't want talk about it anymore, because if I did.. I was afraid I'd spill everything.

I started crying, which hurt, but I knew it'd make them all stop asking questions.

"Hey, hey, it's okay Laiya. Guys leave her the hell alone, she's in pain," Jaime said. He sat down by my bed and put his hand on mine. He smiled a sad smile at me, and I smiled back at him.  I looked at Austin who was looked... disappointed. I dropped my smile and looked down.

"Can you guys give us a minute?" Austin asked. I was scared and worried that I wouldn't be able to keep in my secrets much longer.

Everyone agreed, and soon we were alone. I looked at the sheets and fiddled with them. I didn't want to look at him, but I heard when he came and sat down next my bed. He grabbed my hand, and left me no choice, but to look at him.