Chapter Twenty Five

LAIYA'S POV:

"Hey man, you found her! Is she alright?" 

"Oi, she just knocked her head. She'll be alright. I need to get her out of the cold though," said a familiar voice. I felt myself being carried, but I wasn't too certain to where at this point. However I did feel the throb in my temple from hitting that damn root. 

I opened my eyes and gazed up looking at a rose tattoo along with several other tattoos peaking up from beneath his shirt.

"Oliver?" I whispered, my throat so hoarse from all the running I'd done.

"Oh Laiya, you're alright! I was so worried about you!" he said clutching me tighter in his arms. I was freezing so I welcomed this touch. 

"I'm so tired," my eyes slowly closing.

"Sleep, my love. You're safe." 

As I slowly drifted into the slumber I so desperately wanted, I couldn't help thinking is Austin safe?

-----------------------------------------------------∞-----------------------------------------------------

My throat was killing me and not to mention my body was sore all over. I attempted to roll over when I felt an arm tighten around my waist. Turning around I was face to face with Oliver. His eyes were still closed, and he was peacefully asleep. 

Gazing at him, I looked at every little detail on his face and all the tattoos he had on his half naked body. He went and saved me, I thought to myself smiling. There were so many things I wanted in this world, and love was always one of them. I never knew I could be happy or feel close to a man, because of what I had experienced with Samuel. Yet here I was with one of the most amazing men I have ever met, and I feel content with this. I wanted to show him that I trusted him and my love for him was real that I had a surprising thought. I want to make love to him, I blushed thinking of what it would feel like to be with him physically. 

Then as strange and foreign as that thought was to me, I started thinking of Austin. I was tired of loving him and caring for him, but I couldn't help it. We had this undeniable connection between us, and that kiss. Wow, that kiss was just so....passionate. But Ashley was a constant reminder of how I was betrayed, how I was played for a fool, and all the meanwhile I still loved that stupid man more than I ever intended. 

But Oliver is the one I really want, right? In that moment, I was torn. Between the man who saved me as well as always being so caring for me and the man who I gravitated towards even after all the shit we'd been through. I couldn't think about this any longer, so I carefully maneuvered myself out of his arms and down from the bunks. Walking to the front, I tried to be quiet as possible when I heard a soft knock at the door. 

I looked around checking to see that no one had woken up and opened it. Shocked at who was there, my breath hitched in my throat. 

Samuel. 

Samuel holding a bouquet of red roses in his left hand.

Samuel with a gun in his right.

Samuel with the biggest smile on his face.