Chapter Twenty Seven

Pull yourself together. You're okay. You can do this Laiya. 

I looked down at my phone and saw that it was 6:45 in the morning which made me get energy to do what I needed to do. I gathered myself from the floor and went to the back to get dressed. We were in Seattle, so I wanted to be sure to dress a warmly for the bitter cold. 

Slipping on my white t-shirt with the word LOVE on it, I noticed the huge hand-print Samuel had left yet again on my arm. Fucking asshole, I thought to myself hoping that this would be the last mark he ever left on me. I then slipped on my black skinnies and my grey zip-up jacket. Just to be safe, I put on my black scarf for extra warmth. I put my hair in a bun on top of my head so I wouldn't need to worry about it. Slipped on a quick swipe of mascara then grabbed my yellow bag I forgot I packed and left a note for  the boys telling them I'd be back soon. 

Then I was off to finally end this fucked up nightmare I was living. 

-----------------------------------------------------∞-----------------------------------------------------

A FEW HOURS LATER:

"Is that everything Miss Kingsley?" the officer asked. 

"Yes, from the time I was a kid to today. I recorded our conversation which you heard, I have bruises, and I know for a fact he's probably been watching me this entire time. But I'm not afraid of him anymore, I want you guys to catch this son-of-a-bitch and put him away for life. He stole my childhood and even to this day I've never been someone fully because of how badly damaged I am. I need this closure, please tell me you can do something. I'll even wear a wire when he shows up again, because he will show up and there's no guarantee I'll survive that encounter." 

"Yes mam, we are going to do everything in our power to arrest your father. Wearing a wire isn't a bad idea by the way. Let me talk to my partner and we can discuss our options," he replied then swiftly left the room. 

I'm doing it. I'm finally talking about this, and he's going to be put away. Soon I'll be free. I smiled at the thought of feeling the release of his hold over me. 

I felt my phone buzzing for about the twentieth time since I got to the station. I looked through all the text messages the guys from BMTH and OM&M had sent. All of them, all of my family, were concerned and worried about where I was to which I quickly replied to all saying I was running errands and not to worry. 

The door opened revealing the two cops, Officer Matthews and Officer Fielding, who sauntered in looking pumped. 

"Okay, we know how we're going to do this," Officer Fielding began sounding enthusiastic. 

See you soon Samuel, I chuckled.