Chapter Twenty

"Laiya," someone called my name, but I ignored it. Hoping it's only a dream, I kept sleeping. That's when I felt someone jostle my shoulder. I woke with a start, and immediately pushed them away. No, no, he can't be here. No, please don't let him be here, I thought to myself.

"Laiya, it's me Phil. Calm down," Phil said looking at me with concern. "You okay?"

"Uh, yeah just a bad dream. Sorry Philly Cheesesteak," I said showing him a sad smile. He didn't look convinced, but he nodded his head anyways. 

"Well, the show's gonna start soon so you might wanna get ready."

"Okay, thank you," I said patting his arm. He smiled and walked out. I was hoping that Ashley had left, but miracles don't often happen.

"Austin, do I have to go? I'm so tired from shopping all day. I'll just stay here," she whined.

"But.. I thought it'd be cool if you would stand side stage," he said sounding disappointed.

"Come on Austin, I've already seen your show before. It's not like it's changed much," she said matter of factly. What a bitch.

"I guess. Well, we'll see you when we get back," he answered then I heard the door shut. I grabbed my camera stuff and camera. I made sure to check it to see there was no damage to it from being dropped earlier. I walked out of the back lounge and made my way to the front when I bumped into someone. 

"Oh, sorry I was just checking my camera," I said looking up at her. She was wearing stilletto heels and skimpy little outfit. I never knew I could hate someone I didn't even know, but I definitely hated her. 

"Watch it bitch," she said shoving me aside. 

"Look, if you're gonna be on the bus and fucking Austin, keep your moaning to a minimal. Nobody wants to hear you skank," I said boldly. I was done pretending to be nice, because it's apparent she never will be.

"What did you just say? I'm not a skank! Hey, come back here you little whore!" she yelled after me as I walked away. I just ignored her and left the bus. I walked up to the venue showing the guard my pass then made my way to the stage. Adam was already there waiting. 

"Finally you're awake sleeping beauty!" he smiled at me. He was always so happy and so at peace; I wish I could be like that. 

I nodded, and started preparing my camera for the show. "When did you guys get back?" I was curious as what they had been up to, but I didn't want to ask. I saw that the boys were still having their meet and greet, so I snapped a few pictures. 

"Well, we barely made it back in time for the show. We went to Voodoo doughnut, and went sight-seeing. We also had to go shopping cause of Ashley," he said grimacing. I giggled at his expression. 

"Don't like her much, do you?" I gave him a sly grin. 

"She's.. well.. she's pretty," that was all he could muster up. I kept taking pictures when I overheard a girl telling Austin her story. 

"I just.. I want to thank you. You saved me when I couldn't save myself. I've been molested my whole life, and was even raped. I was prepared to kill myself. I had my razor in my hand and then your songs came on. It literally saved me. Thank you so much."

This girl couldn't be more than 15 stood there with tears in her eyes and sobbed. Before the guys could say anything, I grabbed her and hugged her tight. She returned the hug wrapping her arms around me. I started crying along with her, and then I let her go. She continued talking with the guys, but I ran out of the building running to the buses. I sat on the ground sobbing my heart out. I couldn't control my crying anymore than I could control all of the emotions running through my mind. 

"Laiya??" Oliver said.

"Go. Away." I sobbed. I laid on my side crying harder. I didn't care if I was in the dirt; I sobbed all the years I'd kept my secrets hidden. 

Oliver didn't pursue what was wrong nor did he ask. He simply sat on the ground next to me and pulled me on to his lap. I sobbed into his shirt for what seemed an eternity. Soon enough my guys came out and saw me there in Oliver's lap. I was too numb to pay attention to them, so I just got up and went on the bus. 

"Well, look what the cat dragged in," Ashley sneered looking up at me. She stood up and got in my way as I tried to pass. 

"Move," I said emotionless. 

"Aw, did I hurt your feelings?"

"Ashley, leave her alone." Adam said from behind me. 

"No, she's been a bitch to me so I'm going to be a bitch to her."

That's when the unexpected happened. I wound my arm back, clenched my hand in a fist, and punched her in the face. She fell to the ground and I got on top of her. I pounded her face over and over again. Tino and Aaron had to pull me off of her which made me struggle against their arms. 

"Let me fucking go! LET ME GO!" I screamed. They only held on tighter to me until I stopped struggling and started crying once more. "Please, just let me go." Tino loosened his hold on my waist then Aaron let go of my arms. I literally dropped to the floor and continued crying. 

"Ashley come with me to the medic. We'll get your face taken care of," said Phil. He motioned for her to go with him which was when I finally looked at the damage I had done. She had a black eye already forming although it was hard to tell under all the blood. My hands started to ache, but I didn't move from the spot I was in on the floor. 

As soon as the door shut all of my boys, my family, surrounded me. Adam and Alan sat on the floor in front of me while Tino and Aaron sat on the floor next to me. Austin sat at the table unable to look at me. I wouldn't look at me either.

"Laiya, we all love you, but what you did was unacceptable. You could get a lawsuit from it! What's wrong!? You've been so crazy different lately. Do you need to quit?" Adam asked in a irritated tone. My head snapped up and stared at him. I can't hide this any longer.

"What I'm about to tell you all is for you only. I've never told anyone other than my landlady who took me in and helped me. I'm not telling you for pity. I'm telling you, because you're the only family I have and you deserve to know." I shivered then Aaron rubbed my arm reassuring me to continue.

I took a deep breath and continued, "my father sexually molested and abused me my entire life. It got worse and more frequent after my mom died of an overdose. When I was 17, he raped me for the first time. That's when I knew I couldn't stay with him any longer, so I ran away. I went to Seattle where I met Mrs. Nelson. I told her my entire story, and she let me stay in one of the apartments in the building she owns. I stayed there until I got this job. This is the best thing that's ever happened to me," I started crying harder, but I had to get this out. I have to let it go.

"He found me though. He found me, and when I said I didn't know who beat me up; I lied. It was him. He was so pissed at me, because I ran away from him at the fair. He had been sending me roses, and still does to remind me that he's following me and always watching me as well as you guys." I saw everyone tense up and look at each other. 

"But that's not why I've been distant," I hesitated wondering if I should go on. Adam nodded his head, and I knew I owed him for giving me this amazing family.

"Yesterday, he... he raped.. he raped me again," I sobbed harder than before. "I didn't tell you guys, because it's not your problem. I know I'm alot to handle and I don't want to bother you anymore than I already do. I love you all, and I just wanted to keep you away from my issues."

"Laiya! Don't ever think you're a burden," Alan said pulling me into a tight hug. The others all hugged me, but I couldn't hug any of them back. All that was left in me was this numbness, this hollowness.

That's when I remembered what my father said "You know if you say something, you get to deal with the consequences which might include killing one of your precious boys you care so much about.." Samuel is capable of anything. I can't believe I was so foolish to tell them and put them in danger.

Oh my god, what have I done?