Chapter Twenty Three

AUSTIN'S POV:

I'd been feeling guilty all night, because of what Laiya had told us about her past. It made me realize how good I truly had it, because I realized how hard she must have been trying to open up to me and I just took her for granted. I loved her with every inch of my soul, and I knew now she was the only girl I wanted. 

That's why when Phil came back with Ashley I told her to leave. 

"What the fuck do you mean leave!?" she screamed. We were in the back lounge, but I bet the guys will be hearing the rest of the conversation. 

"I don't want you here anymore especially after that fight with Laiya. You had no right to get in her face and say the things you did to her."

"That little slut attacks me, and I'M the one who gets kicked out?!? Seriously! What the fuck is wrong with you Austin."

"Don't you dare call her that and nothing's wrong with me. I don't want you here when we get done with the show; if you are, I'll have you escorted from the bus. Don't make this harder than it needs to be Ashley." I turned and left her. I walked back to the front and, of course, everyone did their best to appear like they weren't listening to what happened. 

"I know you all heard what happened," I say grabbing a water from the fridge.

"Well, it's not like she was quiet about it.." Alan says. 

"Believe me, I know. Let's just go play a kick ass show." With that, we got up and left the bus. As we're walking, I was hoping to see Laiya but I didn't see her until we went inside.

She looked.. so worn and torn down. I understand why she always appeared guarded and fearful of getting close to someone. She smiled at Adam and avoided me, but I knew I wasn't going to let this charade last long. 

-----------------------------------------------------∞-----------------------------------------------------

After the show, I tried to get to Laiya but she left after Bring Me The Horizon's set instead of staying for ours like she usually does. I went to their bus hoping I could talk to her, but when I got there they said she was at our bus.  

"When did she go over there?" I asked Lee.  

"Just barely, I'm sure," he answered but I saw them.  

The bouquet of red roses.  

I didn't ask anyone about them, because knowing Laiya  she hadn't told them anything about them. This scared me though, and I was not one to fear just anything. I had to find her. If her father was around, I needed to know she was okay. I had a gut feeling something wasn't right, so I thanked the guys then ran to our bus. I searched everywhere inside, but didn't find her.   

Walking off the bus, I knew in my heart that she was in danger. I started walking down the street hoping that she stayed close, but I knew better so I started running. Trees began to surround me then it was as if I was meant to keep going so I continued running.  

I didn't question my heart or where it was leading, because my mother always said "no matter what direction your heart leads you, let it be your guidance," and I know it was to Laiya. I came to clearing from the woods and this cold wind cut through my thoughts. I pulled my jacket closer around my body when I saw her.   

She was standing on the edge of cliff and I called out to her.  

"Laiya!" She didn't respond though. All of sudden she began swaying and seemed to plummet forward, my instinct kicked in before it registered what I was doing and I ran full speed to her. I screamed out once more.  

"LAIYA! NO!" I ran up behind her before she fell and pulled her back. Her eyes were closed. She was so frail in my arms and I held her as if she were a porcelain doll. I saw the pill bottle on the ground next her which is when I took a good look at her.   

She was paler than usual, so I checked her pulse but it was hard to find.  

"Laiya, what did you do! Laiya, you can't die on me! I need you! You hear me, I fucking NEED you!" I cried out.  

Then I did the only thing I thought of which was to stick my fingers down her throat. She started gagging and threw up some pills. Her eyes fluttered and she seemed to get some color back in her cheeks. I wasn't giving up though, I told her to stick her fingers down her throat which she did and she threw up more pills. It seemed endless the amount of pills she kept throwing up.   

I rubbed her back while she tried to get all of the drugs out of her system. After getting rid of most of the drugs, she sat beside me. Even in this distress, she was still the most beautiful person I've ever seen.   

"How'd you find me?" she said looking out at the ocean that seemed to glow in the moonlight.   

"I have no idea. I just followed my heart, I guess," I said looking at her. She finally looked at me with those precious violet eyes of hers, and my whole world felt complete.   

"Why couldn't you just let me go? I didn't seem to be important enough before for you, so why have you all of sudden began to care about me?" she asked icily.  

"I've never stopped caring about you. I never wanted Ashley like I want you," I said honestly.  

"You want me? Now? Why?" she asks narrowing her eyes at me. It's now or never man, I thought to myself.  

"You are beautiful in every aspect of that word. Laiya, you fill me with so much joy with a simple smile and your laugh captures my heart. I don't care about your past, because I know it's made you the strong woman you are in front of me. I know you're scared of Samuel, and I swear to you I will do everything I can to protect you. I love you Laiya."  

"Austin.. I.." I stopped her though when I grabbed her face and pulled her lips to mine. I had forgotten how her lips felt against mine and there was nothing that compared to this feeling. Laiya was everything I never knew I needed.   

I'm in love with her.