Chapter Seven

Running, that's all I thought about. I was running away from something terrifying, but I wouldn't look back to glance at it. I only knew my instinct and my gut told me to "just keep running." I ran for what seemed like forever when a heard a voice call out to me, "you can't run forever Laiya" and then I was grabbed from behind. I screamed my lungs out, but there was no one to hear me. 

-----------------------------------------------------∞-----------------------------------------------------

I awoke with my heart beating out of my chest. I was panting, and sweaty. I tried to calm myself down, but it was no use. Just breathe, relax. He'll never find you, I thought to myself.

I checked my phone which said that it was 4:15 in the morning. I still couldn't shake my fear of what my dream could mean. I needed to get some fresh air, so I hopped out of my bunk as quietly as possible and grabbed my stash of cigarettes and lighter. I walked off the bus pulling my hoodie over my head, and sat on the curb with my back against the bus. I lit my cigarette, feeling my body automatically relax as the smoke hit my lungs. I couldn't help getting lost in my thoughts.

I'd been running from my past for so many years that the thought of him finding me would destroy everything I've worked so hard for. I made sure to always use cash never credit cards. I only used my name if absolutely necessary. The only thing I had done that could lead him to finding me was the airplane ticket. He wouldn't be that investigative, right? I mean it's been seven years since I ran away. There's no way he would still be looking. He.. just.. he can't be. I hoped from deep in my heart that he wouldn't be looking anymore. I hoped he had died by now, and I know that's a terrible thing to wish on anybody, but after everything I've been through because of him I felt nothing other than rage and hatred for that man. 

I was pulled from my thoughts when I heard footsteps. I got up quickly holding my hands in a fist prepared to fight off anyone who was willing to approach me. I was tall enough that I didn't look so weak. That's when Oliver rounded the corner of the bus, and smiled as soon as he saw me. 

"JESUS Oliver, being a creep, much!?" I whispered shoving him when he got close to me. 

"Oi, you're the one smoking outside at 4 in the morning," he said laughing. 

"I couldn't.. sleep." I said sitting back down inhaling a good drag.

"Me neither," he said sitting down beside me. "You're too pretty to smoke."

I started laughing and blushing madly. "That was random Mr. Oliver." 

He blushed, and replied "Call me Oli, please. Mr. Oliver makes me sound like a pedophile."

My stomach dropped abit, and I glanced away. "Mm, sorry. Just a habit."

"So, how's the tour life for you so far?" He asked looking deep into my eyes. 

"It's amazing. I could do this just live on the road, never having to settle; it's nice." 

"Really?" He asked incredulous of my response. I shrugged and smiled at him, putting my cigarette out. 

"You're probably one of the first girls I've ever met who would live this life. I mean, I love it. I love being near the fans, and performing for them, but this life gets lonely," he said looking down. 

I put my hand on his arm, and he puts his hand on top of mine. "Laiya?"

"Yes?"

"I was wondering.. would you like to spend the day with me? We have tomorrow.. well today... off and I'd really like to get to know you." Oliver rubbed my hand, and I responded without thinking.