Chapter Twenty One

"Guys, I need you all to promise me something," I said after they had all finished hugging me. The only one who didn't was Austin; he had remained seated the entire time and wouldn't even glance at me. He's repulsed by me, I felt guilty for lying to him but it was for his own good.

"What?" Aaron said sitting on the couch. I stood up and faced them all. They're not going to like this.

"I don't want any of you going to look for Samuel or talk to the police." 

"Laiya, you can't be serious! He's done horrible things to you, and yet you won't even let us bring him to justice!? Why!" Adam yelled. I deserved it, but I couldn't involve anyone else. 

"You don't understand. I know how to handle him, but bringing in the authorities will only make things alot messier than they need to be. I'm sure he's probably ran off again since he got what he wanted," I rubbed my arm looking at my feet. The air became tense again as they all remembered that little fact.

"I'm so sorry," my head shot up at the beautiful voice I'd recognize anywhere. Austin got up from his seat, and stood in front of me. I looked into his beautiful brown eyes that made me melt, but held my ground keeping my guard up. 

"For what?" I asked tentatively.

"For not being able to save you," he dropped his head and my breath caught in my throat. My heart was hammering through my chest and all I wanted to do in that moment was take him in my arms, but I couldn't. After everything we'd been through, I wasn't ready to be hurt again. Just enjoy your little blondie Austin. 

"I.. I.. I need some air," I managed walking past Austin. I brushed against his arm making butterflies appear in my stomach at the touch and hurried out the door. 

"Laiya, can we talk?" Ugh, not now! Oliver was still standing outside the door obviously waiting for me to come back.

"Sure," I was nervous. I wasn't sure I was ready to tell anyone else about what really happened, but I trusted Oliver. Even if I couldn't trust Austin, I knew Oliver wouldn't hurt me like he did. 

"I'm not going to pester you about what happened, because I know you'll talk about it when you're ready. I just wanted to know if you'd like to stay with me on our bus for a few days. I think it'd help getting away from the same old thing and just get a change of scenery," he mumbled. He cares so much about me, I thought. 

"Yeah, that sounds perfect actually. Thank you Oli," I said pecking him on the cheek. He blushed a deep pink.

"So want me to help bring some of your stuff over? Memphis is still performing, so I've got time," he took a step towards me. Oddly enough, I let him be close. I didn't push him away like I had the others. 

"Sure, yeah. Let's go," I took a deep breath stepping back on the bus. A step in the right direction, I smiled.

-----------------------------------------------------∞-----------------------------------------------------

After settling my stuff on to BMTH's bus, I headed into the venue with Oliver and the guys. He was right; I did need a change of scenery. Although I was still worrying about my father and protecting everyone, I still could laugh at all of Lee's jokes and Oliver's weird faces he makes. I enjoyed being around them, and I was glad I easily fit in with all of them.  

"Laiya, you have such a cool name. What does it mean?" Matt asks as we walk across the lot.  

"It means dark beauty or night. I think it fits perfectly, because I'm a night owl," I chuckle.  

Oliver leaned over and whispered in my ear, "and a dark beauty." Then he kissed the side of my head and I swear I was about to die from such affection. I've never felt so cared for, and so protected even with Austin. Austin's caring is complete different than Oliver's. And that's what terrified me.  

"You don't mean that," I whisper.  

"I mean everything I tell you Laiya including the fact that I'll wait for you to be ready. You're all I want," he whispered back putting his hand at the small of my back again. I shivered at his touch and felt myself lean into him. I couldn't tell him that I wasn't worthy, or that he's wasting his time, because truth be told I wanted him to be there for me even when I didn't think I deserved it; that fact alone makes me horribly selfish.   

"You shouldn't," I try pushing him away but he's always there to bring me back. We're just like a rubber band. No matter how far you stretch it away, it always recoils right back to itself.  

"Laiya," he stops walking and turns me to look at him. I couldn't though, I looked at our feet, but he wasn't having that. He pulled me into his arms, and I immediately relaxed against him. Even though I had no intention of caring for anyone, I cared for Oliver more than I wanted too.  

"Oliver, I just.. I don't know how.. I don't know," I stumbled over my words looking up at him. Being so close to him, smelling his cologne and feeling his body against mine made my thoughts jumble together.  

"Don't think about it, let it just occur love," he said gazing into my eyes.  "I'm just as scared as you are, but I won't let anything happen. I'm here in this moment with you and I know you feel it too."  

"Oliver," I say breathlessly as he leaned his down and pressed his lips against me. I closed my eyes and let him. I couldn't fight him any longer, or these feelings I buried down in my soul. Our kiss started out soft and slow and then hurried and passionate. I put my arms around his neck, and he pulled me so close it felt as if our bodies were molded as one. I lost myself in our kiss, and we parted for a breath. He pressed his forehead against mine and I kept my eyes closed.

"Okay."  

"Okay?" he questions which makes me open my eyes and glance at him.  

"Okay, I'm here with you in this moment," I whisper kissing him again as he releases me from his hold.  He smiled so big I thought his cheeks would burst, and I grabbed his hand to lead him into the venue.   

-----------------------------------------------------∞-----------------------------------------------------

After the show, and my avoiding Austin completely, I walked back to the bus with Oliver at my side when I saw them.  

The only reminder from my past.  

The one thing I didn't want to see ever again.  

A bouquet of red roses was on the dirt floor next to Bring Me The Horizon's bus.  

I hesitated, but then picked them reading the card carefully.   

"You have two days. 

-Love Dad"  

I knew this moment of bliss was too good to be true. He's coming back for me; he's going to take me away. I was the foolish one for thinking I'd ever have a life outside of my past.