Chapter Five

LAIYA'S POV:

We got to the beach with Austin still holding my hand. I felt this tug almost like gravity pulling me towards him. I never wanted to let go of his hand, but as soon as I saw the beach I hurriedly took off my  shoes and walked quickly through the sand till I was at the edge of the water. 

I got shivers as soon as my feet hit the water, but I didn't care as long as I was experiencing this. There was a breeze making me wish I hadn't let my hair down since it was flying everywhere, but I didn't care anymore. 

I didn't realize I had been holding my breath till I let it go, and I just shut my eyes to let it go. I never thought I would be here. I never thought I would be in one of the most beautiful spots in the world experiencing the amazing freedom I was. I just took it all in, and I soon felt a presence next to me.

"You look like you're enjoying yourself," Austin said smiling. He was always smiling. I wonder what he thought of that would make him smile so much. 

"It's like nothing I've ever experienced. It's just like freedom, if that makes any sense." I realized I was rambling which is something I do often. 

"It makes complete sense. I never knew how to explain it either, but that's basically it," he laughed that adorable laugh of his. I felt myself slowly putting my walls down, which I immediately pushed back up. I couldn't do this, I wouldn't do this, I thought to myself.

I was looking into the distance when Austin put one of my flying hairs in the wind behind my ear causing me to turn and glance up at him.

"You know you're incredibly beautiful," He said making my heart flutter. I realized there wasn't much space between our bodies and truth be told I could feel my head screaming to step away from him, but I couldn't. This man, this gorgeous man, was just so intriguing to me that I felt myself get closer as did he. As I kept staring into his eyes, he started to lean down that's when I knew to stop.

"We better get back before they start to miss us," I said looking down and stepping back out of his grasp.

I looked back at him and gave him a smile and walked back to the beach to put on my shoes.

He hesitated a moment, but eventually walked back to where I was sitting and helped me up. 

We walked back in silence to the house; feeling my heart sadden at the fact that I had pushed him away. I knew I had to, but some small part of me told me I didn't want to.

-----------------------------------------------------∞-----------------------------------------------------

AUSTIN'S POV:

We walked in silence however as soon as she saw the ocean she let go of my hand and was hurrying to take off her shoes. I couldn't help, but think it was adorable how she wanted so badly to be near the water. 

I watched as she got to the water and simply stood there with her feet in the water. She closed her eyes and let out a soft sigh. I stood there for what seemed like an eternity just admiring her. 

I soon felt that tug again and found myself walking towards her. I stood there next to her admiring the beauty beside me. 

"You look like you're enjoying yourself," I said. I felt like I could stand there forever with her at the beach, anywhere, as long as I was next to her. 

I saw her open her eyes "It's like nothing I've ever experienced. It's just like freedom, if that makes any sense."

I just looked at her realizing, that she explained it beautifully. She explained this feeling better than anyone else. When my mother died, I escaped to the ocean to just sit and watch the waves flow in and out which calmed me. I'd felt it all of my life at the ocean, but I could never explain it till right now. 

"It makes complete sense. I never knew how to explain it either, but that's basically it," I explained.

She kept staring out to the waves when I put one of her hairs that was flying in the wind behind her ear. She turned towards me, and I will never forget that look in her eyes, the look of being so broken yet so guarded. It made me want to fix her; to just make her whole. I realized then that she wasn't beautiful just on the outside, I could tell that her inside was even more beautiful and vibrant than that. 

"You know you're incredibly beautiful," I felt myself say. I couldn't stop staring into her eyes though. I felt it even worse with the little space between us, the tug. It was like an anchor had just been cast into the ocean and I was inevitably being pulled deeper than before. I started to lean down to press my lips against those precious lips of hers when I saw a flash of fear pass through her eyes. 

"We better get back before they start to miss us," she said looking down and stepping back out of  my grasp. I felt myself drowning in the hurt, but I couldn't let her see that.

She looked back at me and gave me a smile then walked back to the beach to put on her shoes.

I hesitated a moment, but eventually walked back to where she was sitting and helped her up. 

We walked back in silence to the house; feeling my heart crack a little at the fact that she truly didn't want anything to do with me.