Chapter Eleven

Running, that's all I thought about. I was running away from something terrifying, but I wouldn't look back to glance at it. I only knew my instinct and my gut told me to "just keep running." I ran for what seemed like forever when a heard a voice call out to me, "you can't run forever Laiya" and then I was grabbed me from behind. I screamed my lungs out, but there was no one to hear me. A hand soon covered my mouth and then turned me around to face the person I'd been running from for so long.

-----------------------------------------------------∞-----------------------------------------------------

I woke up with tears streaming down my face. I checked the clock and saw that it was 7 in the morning.   I sat up seeing that I was alone in the hotel room, and remembered everything that had happened. Although things were somewhat foggy in areas, I knew I still had fucked up a very good thing with the boys. I hoped I'd get a chance to explain myself soon, but for now I was dwelling on self-loathing.

I decided that I needed to get ready for the very long day ahead of me. I chose to wear my shorts with black fringe, my Jack Daniels tank top, and my cheetah boots. I put on eyeliner, and pulled my hair up into a bun on top of my head. I put on my Ray Ban's and grabbed my bag along with my camera. 

I popped a few hydros and oxy's to relax. I made sure to have my room key and left the room. I checked my phone as I got in the elevator and texted Adam that I'd meet him at the venue. I still had a few hours to kill before it was time I needed to be there, and I just wanted some space from everyone. 

I got out of the elevator and walked through the lobby to the street. I loved how the sun felt against my pale skin, and I let out a breath of relief knowing I'd get a few hours to think.

-----------------------------------------------------∞-----------------------------------------------------

I had been walking around for awhile just thinking when I spotted a record shop. I walked in hearing a little bell that marked my presence. I walked around taking my surroundings. 

There were bins upon bins of vinyl records. The walls had old posters from every generation since the 50's. The shop was empty except a little old man who was behind the counter. He looked up from his novel and smiled at me. 

"May I help you miss?" He asked me.

"I'm just here for the records," I said laughing. 

"Well, if you need anything, I'll be here."

I nodded and started looking through the bins. I came upon The Runaways' vinyl and my stomach dropped.

They were my mother's and I's favorite band.

I started to tear up thinking about one of the few memories I had of my mom being sober. She started blasting the vinyl, and we both danced around the entire house. My father was gone for the weekend, and she wasn't on heroin for once. We were happy, and laughing. We finally stopped after hours of repeating the songs we knew by heart and laid on the living room floor together. She pulled me into her arms and said "baby, no matter what happens I want you to know I love you." We fell asleep in each other's arms and I was at peace for once in my entire miserable life. It didn't last long when I woke up she was gone to score some more, and a few days later she OD'd. 

I was full-blown crying when I felt a soft hand touch my arm. I jumped from the touch, and saw the old man looking at me with sorrow in his eyes. Then he pulled me into  a hug that I gladly accepted. I sobbed for a few minutes, and then pulled away. I wiped my eyes, and thanked the man for hugging me.

"You'll make it deary, just keep that head of yours up," he said smiling. I smiled back, and held out the record.

"I'd like to buy this one," I said reaching for my wallet. He stopped me, and shook his head.