Chapter One

I was going through my emails and attempting to not appear as devestated, because there wasn't a response e-mail from Elmakias Photography. It'd been two weeks since I sealed my fate and submitted my apprenticeship application. 

I decided to just let it, and go for a walk to clear my troubled thoughts. I slipped on a comfy oversized crewneck, my skinnies, and Toms. I remembered to grab my camera and then I headed out to walk to the park. 

I started immediately taking photos of everything. I love this time of day when the sun is barely starting to set and the colors changed the entire sky. I could capture nature in it's own beauty without even having to alter it.  After two hours and countless pictures, I decided to head back to my apartment. 

I suddenly heard a faint ping from my pocket, and I instantly felt my heartbeat speed up. I pulled out my iPhone to see I had a new email from Elmakias Photography. With a smile spreading on my face, I sprinted the rest of the way to my apartment. I didn't care that people were staring and I didn't care that I was completely breathless by the time I got to my apartment. 

I sprinted up the stairs as fast as I could, and hurriedly to whip out my key to unlock my door. I shut my door and ran to my labtop to make sure I read everything carefully.

I pulled up my email and held my breath as I read:

"Hey Laiya Kinglsey, you're officially accepted as my new apprentice! I'm so stoked to have you come out and learn the tricks of the trade. I'll email you with your plane ticket to fly out here to California so we can start discussing everything before we leave on tour. Thank you so much for submitting, and I can't wait to get started on this new adventure!

- A. Elmakias "

I sat there dumbfounded for 20 minutes. I kept reading and rereading the email, making sure I wasn't dreaming. I got accepted. I'm going to be Adam Elmakias apprentice. Holy shit. 

I quickly went back to my inbox, and surely enough there was another email that held my plane ticket. I read it, and realized that I'd be leaving tomorrow; tomorrow I get to my future, tomorrow I get to experience everything I've dreamed of.. 

I exhaled and started immediately packing everything I thought necessary. My luggage was made up of alot of clothes, my hipster-ish shirts, beanies, vans, toms, and definitely my camera. I tried desperately not to freak myself out about everything that was happening. I finished my packing, and then laid on my bed realizing how truly exhausted I was. Whether it be from the running, the excitement, or packing, I was ready to sleep the night away and awake in a new life tomorrow.