Chapter Four

I walked up the stairs with Adam by my side and felt my heart hammering through my chest. I checked myself one last time while Adam knocked on the door. 

The door opened with a cascade of cologne wafted out, and I looked up into the brown eyes of a very tall man. I, myself, was about 5' 10" which was tall for a girl, but this guy was TALL. 

He instantly had a smile on his face and looked at me. Thank god for sunglasses, because before composing myself I probably looked like a kid seeing a lizard for the first time, terrified yet fascinated. 

"Adam! We've been waiting forever man!" The tall man grabbed Adam into a hug then pulled back. 

"Well, my new apprentice decided that she'd take AGES to get ready," Adam replied mockingly while looking my way. 

"Hey, get used to it! Girls have a lot more to care about than guys." I said play shoving him to the side. 

The tall man laughed and exclaimed, "she's feisty! Well, come on in guys," he motioned us inside. 

"This is Laiya. Laiya this is Austin, he's the lead singer of the main band Of Mice & Men." 

I took off my sunglasses, and looked straight at Austin who was extending his arm when he stopped mid-extension.

"Woah.. your eyes... they're so beautiful." He was staring at me, so deeply I swear I felt like he was staring into my soul.

Uncomfortable with the compliment, I shrugged and said "they're odd, but useful." I smiled and took his hand. His hand was undeniably warm and soft, but I felt him shiver from my cold touch. 

"Uhh... Austin.. Earth to Austin! Come on dude, let's get her introduced to everyone." Adam pulled Austin away from my gaze and into a huge living room. I was taken aback at all of the art on the walls. I figured this must be Austin's home, becaue of the portrait of him and an older gentleman who looked like an older version of Austin. I was still looking at all of the art when I bumped into someone. I looked and mumbled, "my apologies sir."

The little ginger haired man looked at me and exclaimed, "bro, no problem! You have the coolest fucking eyes I've EVER SEEN."

I couldn't help, but giggle at his reaction. He looked like kid in a candy store just amazed at the sight. "Thanks gingy." I was acting very bold and sarcastic due to the fact I was terrified out of my mind. 

"Let's get you a drink!" He exclaimed dragging me in the opposite direction of Adam and Austin. "I'm Alan by the way. I play in Of Mice & Men." 

"I'm Laiya, Adam's new apprentice." I smiled at him. He was nice, a bit much, but nice none the less.

"That's awesome. So you're going to be taking photos of us right?? Well, just make sure you get my good side," he said with wink handing me a Jack and Coke. "Wanna go outside?" 

I laughed, and said "sure, I suppose I can do that." Taking a sip of the cold drink, I followed Alan outside and saw a bunch of guys. I was a little nervous, but kept it together. 

"Guys, this is Adam's new apprentice, Laiya." Alan motioned towards me with his hand, and I stood there and made a small wave.

"Hi, it's a pleasure to meet all of you." I was soon greeting everyone around me. I met Matty who was the lead singer of Memphis May Fire and his band mates as well. Woe Is Me were already wasted, so there was no point in trying to be the best of friends. I introduced myself to the members of Bring Me The Horizon, and they were all really nice. Oliver, the lead singer, was cold though. I didn't think it was anything I said or did in particular, but he was a bit weird.