More Than Meets The Eye -25-

Gill had definitely been surprised when Autumn came willingly but stayed on guard, knowing that all women – especially younger ones – were unpredictable.

But he had nothing to worry about; Autumn had absolutely no intention of leaving or escaping. She was doing this for her family.

“So everybody I know will be safe?” she questioned, making sure she had his word.

“Yes,” he said through gritted teeth. “For the last time, Autumn; they’ll be unharmed and left alone! That was the deal!”

“You should know I can get out of sticky situations,” she snapped, crossing her arms over her chest and looked out the window to avoid his glaring gaze. “I can leave if you touch a single hair on my family and friends.” She couldn’t believe how easy it had been to slip into his sleek car and watch him drive off with her inside without any complications. Just like that.

And now they were cruising through some unknown large cluster of trees, the car jolting from the bumpy road beneath.

Gill smirked. “And we’ll only bring you back to where you will be held while we take care of your loved ones.”

“I’m not an item, I don’t belong here and you promised not to touch them!” she growled, eyeing the large house hiding looming ahead amongst the thick woods. “Why do you creeps live out here?”

“Do you really think I’m a creep? Aside from the fact that I tried to kidnap you before.”

Autumn clamped her mouth shut and refused to reply. In truth, Gill wasn’t a creep at all – minus his stupid name and his assassin status. He was an older version of Tristan except with a darker attitude. Tristan was much more caring, teasing even and . . . Autumn hated to admit it but she enjoyed his presence in the short amount of time she’s known him.

All in all, Gill was pretty good-looking because . . . well Tristan was too.

Something warm flooded her cheeks and in response, she let her hair down from a casual ponytail to cover it up. She did not just think that. Groaning internally, she ignored his words that droned around in the background, forcing itself into her ears.

“That’s . . . big.” Autumn’s eyes had grown wide from the looming sight ahead.

“That’s what she said.” He smirked.

“You did not just say that!” she cried out, horrified at Gill. “You’re – you’re just like Tristan!”

Gill continued to smirk, hopping out of the car and surprisingly opened up the car door for Autumn which was very gentlemanly considering the fact that he just kidnapped her.

Well it couldn’t necessarily be kidnap if she went along willingly . . .

“Are you going to stand there dreaming about nothing or are you going to come in and talk to my brother?” Gill’s eyebrows were raised and one arm was held out towards her, holding her duffel bag.

“Why would I want to talk to Tristan?” she sneered, taking her belongings and clutched them to her chest.

“Because you’ve been calling him nonstop and it’s pissing me off, hearing that annoying ringtone go on and on and on,” he retorted, locking the car with a satisfying beep. “And I’m pretty sure one day my dad would like to see the girl who can easily expose us unless we threaten her.”

Autumn froze, unable to move as Gill whistled cheerfully. Was he bipolar? And more importantly . . . how would Autumn take meeting the two men who threatenedher? She hated being tossed around like an item and being so vulnerable!