More Than Meets The Eye -5-

Changing title once again . . . back to original :) The cover will be a little different too . . .

Thank you for reading!!!!! The votes are awesome :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sitting in Autumn’s car together in the backseat, Will watched Autumn clasp her arms around her knees and squeeze out tears from her bleary dark eyes.

She was so vulnerable . . . it hurt Will to see her like this. He reached out towards her and squeezed her knee reassuringly, the note still in his other hand.

“So Jenna really was in danger,” Autumn murmured, wiping away her tears and sat up straight, staring down at her hands. She felt pathetic and useless. Jenna had been killed with a bullet and she was the only one who pursued the suspicious man! “We have to find this guy!”

Will shook his head, tired of her nonsense. “Autumn we can’t do anything because you don’t know who he is and why he killed Jenna!”

“So you admit he did!” she blurted out, pointing a finger at him and sniffled. “Come on Will; we’ve got to be able to do something for Jenna!”

“Yes,” he argued, tired. “Attend her funeral and pay our respects!”

His words were like a stab to the heart and Autumn felt like slapping him right then and there. “No. I’m going to take this note and I’m going to found out what this Vypah Colt is!”

“It sounds like the name of a horse,” he snorted.

To his utter surprise, her eyes lit up and she looked determined. “That’s a start. Where’s the nearest horse stables?”

He shook his head disbelievingly. “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

She scowled. “I’m not! Let’s go back to my house and find the nearest stables in the directory!”

“No, no, no,” he said firmly. “Autumn, you sound crazy! You’re absolutely ridiculous!”

“I’m seventeen; I’m supposed to be ridiculous!” she joked, narrowing her eyes. “Will just help me out or else I’m doing this on my own!”

“What about Noelle?” he asked desperately.

“Do you honestly think she will let me on this mystery?” Autumn cried out, exasperated. “Of course not! Isn’t there like a Stable up north of town?”

“We’re in the city,” he said frantically. “It’s Autumn, freezing cold – do you think there would be any horse out there ready to gallop?”

“I don’t need to ride a horse! I need to figure out if there’s a horse named Vypah Colt!”

“It’s a stupid name!”

“Let me go!” Autumn shouted, eyes ablaze. “I’m my own person Will! I can do what I want!”

“Including getting yourself killed if you drag yourself into a situation too deep?” he argued, trying to calm himself down. “It’s not something you should be involved in!”

“Jenna gave it to me!” Autumn clamped her mouth shut to prevent herself from saying anything further. “Will, either you come back to my house with me to help or just go. Seriously.”

Will frowned, clenching his fists. Just the thought of Autumn ever getting hurt or even being shot like Jenna . . . it gave him chills.

So he would need to step in and make sure she would be safe.