Society of the Blind Eye (part 1)

Start from the beginning

"Through your bottle?" Dipper asked, confused.

"Just do it," she ordered.

Dipper took the bottle from her and looked through it at the laptop. His eyes widened at what he saw. "'McGucket Labs'? Wait, Old Man McGucket?" Dipper asked, scratching his head.

"You don't think...?" Mabel trailed off and turned to me.

"Couldn't be... Doesn't make any sense, unless..." I muttered. I turned to the board and started connecting pictures and tying strings to pins. "This matches with this... This goes over here... And then the name... So that would mean..."

Dipper and I looked at each other. "Old Man McGucket wrote the journals?!" we chorused.

"We have to go check this out!" Dipper exclaimed.

"Let's grab Wendy and Soos," I said. The twins nodded and we raced downstairs. Wendy was stocking the gift shop while Soos was sweeping.

"Wendy, Soos, we need to go see Old Man McGucket!" Dipper said as soon as we entered.

"We'll explain on the way!" Mabel said. We grabbed their wrists and pulled them out of the shack.

"Hey, what about work? Kids!" Stan shouted after us.

"There's something more important than work, old man!" I shouted as we ran outside. "I'm gonna pay for that later, but I don't care right now.

We ran out to Soos' truck, but for some bizarre reason, Soos started eating his own pants. The twins and I looked at Wendy confused. "Straight Blanchin'?" I asked.

"Straight Blanchin'," Wendy said.

~~~~~~~~~~~

As Soos drove us to the junkyard, we explained to them what we found out. Both of them were shocked, but after we explained the evidence, they believed it a bit more. We got out of Soos' truck and walked into the junkyard. "Old Man McGucket, are you here?" Dipper asked.

"Her hillbilly-billy-billy-billy," Soos said.

Outside a hut, I saw Lee and Nate with spray-paint cans, painting 'McSuckit' on the side of the hut. "That's good," Nate complimented.

"Took an hour to think of this, but it was worth it," Lee said. Wendy and I looked at each other. We shook our heads and rolled our eyes.

Old Man McGucket came out of the hut and for a second stared at the two boys. He then started chasing them and they ran off laughing, tossing the paint cans away. "Get outta here, you salt lickin', hornswagglin...!" he trailed off and sighed. "McSuckit, they got me good." He looked over in our direction. "Visitors! Come, come." He led us into the hut. "Pull up some rusty metal. You're just in time for my hourly turf war with the hillbilly what lives in my mirror. Quit starin' at me when I bathe!" he shouted at his reflection in his bathtub.

Dipper and I exchanged weird looks. He pulled me away from McGucket a little bit. "You can drop the act, McGucket. We know you're the author. You studied the mysteries of this town and wrote this book," Dipper said as he held up the journal.

"Dude, you're the genius Dipper and Meagan have been searching for all summer!" Wendy said.

"Eh? Genius? I'm no genius. I've never done nothin' worthwhile in my life. Everyone knows I'm no good to nobody. I can't remember what I used to be, but I must've been a big failure to end up like this," McGucket said, looking at some newspaper clippings on the wall.