Soos and the Real Girl (part 1)

Start from the beginning

"Deal." I quickly ran home and grabbed my laptop with a stack of random movies and ran back to the shack to see that Dipper was getting some water bottles while the popcorn was popping. "Ok, I got the movies. We watching them in your room?" I asked.

Dipper jumped at the sound of my voice, almost dropping the water bottles. "Jeez, woman! We need to put a bell on you!" he exclaimed and I laughed. "Let's go up to my room." The microwave beeped and Dipper took the popcorn out of it.

"Let's go," I said.

We ran up to the attic and set everything up on Dipper's bed. "So, what's first?"

I looked at the movies I grabbed. "Uh, we have Peter Pan, Aladdin, The Road to El Dorado, Mirror Mirror, The Princess Bride, Treasure Planet and The Breakfast Club," I said.

"1985, nice."

"So what movie?"

"You decide."

"Hmm." I popped in The Princess Bride and leaned back against Dipper. I was sitting in between his legs, his arms around my waist and the popcorn bowl between my legs.

"Good choice," Dipper said.

I smiled. "I'm glad we can do this and take a break from work and mysteries, even if it's for a night," I said.

"Me too, I'm also glad we got to spend the whole day to ourselves without any-"

"Hey guys!!" Mabel yelled when she entered the room. I sighed and paused the movie. "What's u-" she stopped short when she saw Dipper and I and what we were doing. "You guys are kind of on a date right now, aren't you?" We didn't answer but she knew that we were. "I'll just be going," she said. "But first..." She snapped a picture of me and Dipper and ran out the door. "Wendy! Get the scrapbook!" she shouted.

Dipper and I shook our heads. Sigh. What are we going to do about her?

~~~~~~~~~~

We were in the gift shop the next day, but Dipper and I weren't working. We were watching Soos. He was acting strangely. He stood up from the middle of the t-shirt rack. "Your face is good. I'm a Soos!" Soos said to a woman holding a snow globe.

The woman screamed and dropped the snow globe. She ran across the gift shop, knocking over things and punching a man before bolting out the door. Soos slowly hid down in the t-shirts again. Dipper and I walked over. "Soos?" I asked.

The two of us pulled the shirts aside. "What was that all about?" Dipper asked.

"I...I think I was flirting, but I'm not sure," Soos said frantically.

"Did someone say flirting?!" Mabel asked as she popped out of a bin of keychains.

"Well, I kinda promised my grandma I'd get a date by the end of the week, but I've never actually been on a date before," Soos explained as he stood up. He took the 'out of order' sign off the vending machine and put it on his shirt. "You belong on me, out-of-order sign," Soos sighed.

"Finally, my prayers for a chance to match-make this summer have been answered!" Mabel exclaimed, getting on her knees.

Stan walked over to Soos. "Soos, a little advice. You need to get rich. Or lie about being rich. Outside of that, I don't like your chances," he said. Rude.