45; Failed Attempts

Start from the beginning

"I swear to god if that man doesn't get his ass in New York by tomorrow I am taking the dog myself," She said.

"You're not mad?"

"Why the hell would I be mad, I want a dog...Jesus, if he doesn't tell you he loves you after what you got him I'm going to shove my foot up his ass," She mumbled to herself in a scold and my eyes widened.

"Tell me he loves me?" I asked her and she did a double take, blinking at me as she paled over a little. "What?"

"What?"

"What?" I said back and she blinked a few more times before shoving a forkful of salad into her mouth making me squint my eyes, "Sienna," I said bluntly and she shrugged, showcasing her dramatic chewing.

"I cah tahk," She drawled out, attempting to say that she couldn't talk which had me picking up my fork to point at her in a lame attempt to threaten her to tell me what she said to me but that failed when she just smiled innocently and swallowed her big bite.

"I'm going to pretend that never happened," I said, more to myself than her before I spoke up again, "So forgetting that, what does Justin do on his birthdays?" I asked, bracing my interlocked fingers under my chin and looking at Sienna.

"He normally works and then goes out with us in the evening," She said and I raised my eyebrows.

"He works on his birthday?" I asked and she nodded, "Well damn," I muttered, sighing as I thought of ideas.

"He's always working, he has a love hate relationship with it," Sienna added and I hummed, seeing that conflicted side of Justin in the past few weeks, "But I think he needs to take some breaks...the pressure of being a CEO of a massive and international marketing business is huge,"

"Pattie told me that," I said and she gave me a questioning look as I thought back to when I was in Canada the day after Christmas, "She told me he over works himself and needs to take time for himself," I said and Sienna gave me a sympathetic smile as I frowned.

"He's a hardworking person but everyone reaches their boundary," Sienna said and I licked my lips, pressing them together as I thought back to the call that Justin had made to me when I was in Mike's apartment, the tiredness in his off toned voice only making me flip the situation to his point of view.

"I really shouldn't have helped Mike..." I mumbled to myself and I heard Sienna say my name as I placed my hands over my face and breathed deeply.

"It's not your fault," Sienna reassured me and I let my shoulders slump as I leaned back into my chair and left my hands to slip down to my lap.

"But it is, I could've shut the door and said no to him," I said, my lips forming a small pout, "I seriously need to be selfish at the right times and not the wrong ones," I whispered to myself, nibbling on the inside of my bottom lip as I looked up to Sienna, a small smile pulling at her lips, "What?" I asked half-heartedly.

"Nothing," She said simply, the same smile stretching on her lips but I didn't question it, still thinking to myself of how I was supposed to fix the mess I had with Justin which I'd walked right into...pun kinda intended.

I did that pretty much for my entire lunch break, Sienna leaving my office to go to hers as I was then swamped with work. I had paperwork to do, call up other companies concerning faulty transactions and all that was finance related.

I had also talked to Cassandra, telling her to drop everything and just start on a clean slate which worked in my favour because I was just done...done with all the unnecessary drama and all that came with it.