The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 8-Why in Heaven or Hell...

OK so here is chapter 8!!! Why in Heaven or Hell would I want to kiss and werewolf?

Be thankful my computer is being nice for this five minutes that I'm taking to upload.  

Vote, comment, fan!!!!!!!!

Vote and I might upload early!!!  

When I awoke in the morning I felt feverish. It shocked me at first because I almost never felt even warm. My temperature was the only thing that was truly opposite of my werewolf side. All werewolves, particularly males, run a constant fever of about one hundred to a hundred and five degrees. I on the other hand only got to about 96 at the highest. Wool gloves and socks are my best friends in the winter, because I would come close to frostbite without them.

So when I woke up nearly sweating it throw me for a bit of a loop. I tried to kick the covers off in a hope to cool off my burning body but found my legs were tangled in something. That’s when I finally notice that I couldn’t really move any other part of my body as well. I tried to wiggle free from whatever confined me but it was no use. I sagged against my restrains in defeat, then notice that it had a…six-pack? What the hell?

I turned my head over on my pillow and came face to face with a still sleeping Seth. That’s when all at once it came rushing back. Running from Seth, passing out from the pain, waking up with Seth beside my bed, the meeting with Charles, left overs from Amy, falling asleep in Seth’s arms with no nightmares waking me. 

I have had a nightmare every night for as long as I can remember. But when you grow up around a man like Steven Kaler it impossible not to become permanently terrified and mentally traumatized. However laying here in the protected circle of Seth’s arms I left like nothing could touch me, and that almost made me sick. He was a werewolf and I hated their kind. It didn’t matter to me that I was a Halfling, or that these wolves haven’t hurt me yet, not much at least.

I hated myself right now for relaxing into his touch for finding comfort there. But I couldn’t help it, I thought about trying to untangle myself again but the thought of being away from him made me more sick then liking being this close to him.

But never mind any of that, I was burning! I could feel the sweat popping up on  my brow and sliding down the side of my face. I thought about waking Seth up so I could save myself from heat stroke but as I gazed at his beautiful face, I couldn’t bring myself to do it. He looked so calm in his sleep like an angel. His brown hair sticking up in different directions, his lips slightly parted, looking so soft and inviting. Stop it Casee! He’s a monster! A ruthless killing machine that probably eats little babies for breakfast! Okay that was going pretty far, but there was no way in Heaven or Hell that I should be wanting to kiss a werewolf!  

I snapped out of my thoughts when I felt him shift slightly. Shit was he waking up? I froze hoping that he would fall back asleep and not catch me goggling at him while he slept. He tightened his arms around me pulling me impossibly close to his body, my face snuggled into the crook of his neck. I sucked in a breath, accidently inhaling his scent, and by God he smelled amazing! Just like the woods after days of ray and finally the sun broke through the dark clouds. It was absolutely mouth watering. I wanted to bury myself in his scent, felling so safe again. But this time I didn’t think about it, for once just let myself relax into him. Drifting my eyes close I gradually fell back to a peaceful sleep in Seth’s strong arms. 

I know it is really short but i felt i needed this little bit to show the internal battle Casee is going through right now in trying to figure out her feelings about Seth. 

Love Nightcat AKA Kes XD