Choosing Fate .:20:.

Emerie’s skin practically glowed when she returned to her dorm early in the morning.

She stretched her back, clicking a few bones and winced when it seemed to cause a slight bruise-like pain in the middle of her back. Sighing with relief, she relaxed and took off her old clothes, throwing on a fresh set of new ones.

Smiling like a total idiot for once in her life, she leapt into the air, not able to help but let out a laugh of glee. She threw her hands in the air, a whip of fire circling above her outstretched palms.

Emerie smiled, her heart almost bursting with joy. Her mind felt relaxed, at ease and best of all; no spirit voices.

“You spirits just got PWNED!” she shouted at the top of her lungs, dancing in the air as though she was literally stepping on air.

The door opened and Libby peeked her head in, eyes drooping and tired. She worried for her friend’s condition, especially over the past week but her orange eyes were alight with surprise and joy when she saw the sight before her.

Emerie was waving her arms around as though she was a little girl posing as a fairy princess while she floated through the air, a brush of a breeze, pushing back Libby’s orange matted hair.

Libby’s jaw dropped as she closed the door behind her. Libby always knew Emerie as a usually insecure girl. Majority of the time she was moody, crabby, bipolar, sometimes bitchy and always made snide comments. Overall Emerie was a good person despite her snarky sense of humour . . . but this?!

Libby had never seen anything like it!

Emerie was smiling like a total idiot, she was acting like a little girl and the elements were one with her. It was an awe-filled sight and Libby just couldn’t get enough.

“Libby is every – holy crap!” Raquel blinked, squinted, rubbed her orange eyes furiously and soon her jaw dropped along with Libby’s.

“I know right?” Libby whispered, shocked and awed. “She’s . . . she’s Emerie right?”

“Emerie? Is that really you?” Raquel teased, calling up to the girl who flounced around like a toddler.

“Yes it’s me!” Emerie said and giggled.

Key word; giggled! Emerie never giggled! Giggling was for girls not like Emerie!

“Emerie I’m not sure if you’re actually in the right state of mind,” Raquel said with a sheepish grin. “What’s up?”

“No voices! No stupid spirits pressuring me!” she sang, cart wheeling through the air the ball of fire and water a blur as she spun giddily.

Emerie threw her hands into the air and the Fire and Water chased each other until they doused each other out.

Emerie flew to the floor, leaping onto her bed and sighed loudly. “This is amazing!”

Libby quickly filled Raquel in and suddenly all three girls were grinning like idiots.

“That’s great Em,” Raquel said quickly. “Classes start in an hour. You might want to calm down or else Cian and Darryl will never let you live this down.”

“I don’t care,” Emerie gushed, black eyes wide and sparkling with delight.

Raquel and Libby exchanged raised eyebrow looks.

Emerie immediately scowled. “Well? What are you two doing? Go back to your dorms and I’ll meet you downstairs later. Jeez I was having a private moment you know!”