Choosing Fate .:11:.

It was like a constant re-run for the last weeks of the term. Emerie would get up and soon she could find her way around the school to get to her classes.

Unfortunately human weather was unpredictable and although it rained down on them and that the Elementals could easily clear it away, the Elders clearly stated that it would only trigger their whereabouts to the humans as they had weather-tracking devices which were capable of seeing past the illusion spells that the Elders have put up. Because of the weather, they put off any demonstrations of the school’s extreme sports.

It turned out that there weren’t any other schools opposing Akorin Academy so they instead formed numerous teams to battle it out against each other.

Emerie was still desperate to see the different sports in action but she would have to wait until the tryouts next term in two weeks in which the term break was.

Lying back in her bed, Emerie smiled up at the pasty ceiling. Just two weeks ago she was having a scream fest, throwing a tantrum and attacking Damaris and Ryker as soon as she got here.

And now . . . she was fitting in with the students much better than she had in her human school! Emerie was absolutely amazed at how much more civilised the Elementals had gladly accepted her rather than picking her out as the outcast despite her still yet to be chosen Element.

She frowned. Time had flown by and she would still need to choose by the end of the year. But why? She doubted the Spirits actually had a mind of their own; they were only representatives of their own element and were trying to persuade her to choose their own Element. She knew that all they could do was force voices into her head; they couldn’t take on any action at all.

Was it something to do with the humans? Did the Destinies see something in the future about the humans?

She shook her head, smiling wryly. They would have told her wouldn’t they?

Emerie had met some of the Destinies with their perfect, shining golden hair and eyes and they were indeed pleasant people to be around as well as the Time Guardians.

Emerie was pleased to find that Darryl was begrudgingly getting along with Cian in order to make her happy while she continued to catch up with her brother; eleven long years to catch up with!

Already she had figured out that Cian was falling for Raquel and it seemed evident that she would in time return the feelings mutually.

And then there was Libby . . .

A gleeful chuckle escaped Emerie. Libby, Libby, Libby! After that one game of Capture the Flag, Emerie’s first time when she got knocked out by Fire, they had actually started to respect Libby! In fact the stout, chubby girl was starting to become more and more popular around the Elementals, especially the Fire Elementals. They understood how Libby had a good eye for tactics and for strategies, especially in a game of Capture The Flag.

Whenever Emerie was put into a team they had made sure they were extra watchful to keep Emerie safe especially because Cian and Darryl had threatened the students while Mrs Wakefield’s back was turned.

“Em! It’s almost lunch.”

“Hang on!” Emerie called back to Raquel, leaping to her feet.

She frowned, staring down at her normal outfit that she wore everyday to class. In her opinion, it must have looked filthy as she only had two sets of clothing; her original one she wore when she escaped her bombed house and the one that Tamora gave her.

Emerie’s black eyes darted to the pile of gold pieces that were coated with at thin layer of dust after Emerie had left them there, untouched for two weeks.