Scary-oke (part 1)

Start from the beginning

"And don't forget to go to the after-party tonight at eight," I said holding up an after-party poster.

Mabel picked up a karaoke machine. "We're doing a karaoke bonanza, people! Light! Music! Enchantment!" she said and blew confetti out of her hand. "And an amazing karaoke-performance by our family band, 'Love Patrol Alpha'!" she said, holding up a hand drawn photo of her, Stan, Dipper and I.

"I don't know about that," Dipper said, rubbing his arm.

"I never agreed to that ever," Stan agreed, scratching his head.

"I'm not even part of the family," I said turning away.

"Too late! I wrote your names on the list! It's happening! And of course you're part of the family Meg!" Mabel said.

Dipper pulled my arm down so his mouth was next to my ear. "If I'm going down, you're going down with me," he said and I giggled.

Wendy then burst through the front door blowing an air horn. "Buy your tickets people! You know you don't have anything going on in your lives!" she said and I snorted. She started leading people out of the Shack. "I'm talking to you, pizza guy! Don't lame out on me!"

We got down from the counter and Stan leaned up against it. He sighed. "The town loves us, we finally got that Gideon smell out of the carpet. Everything is finally going my way," Stan said, drumming his fingers together.

"Hey, Grunkle Stan. Now that we have a moment, I've been meaning to ask you for my journal back," Dipper said.

"Huh? Journal?" Stan asked. He started 'searching' himself for the journal, before pulling it out from under the counter. "Oh!" he laughed. "You mean this old thing! It was so boring I couldn't even finish it," he said and gave it to Dipper. My eyes narrowed slightly. I don't believe it for a second. I mean, what was he doing with it last night?

"Wait, you're just gonna give it to me?" Dipper asked in disbelief.

"Just like that?" I asked suspiciously.

"What else do you want? A kiss on the cheek?" Stan asked us jokingly.

"I... I gotta go!" Dipper exclaimed, taking Mabel and I with him upstairs. Once we were in the attic, Dipper locked the door, turned Mabel's stuffed animals around, pulled a screen down over the window and turned on his electric lamp. "Mabel, Meagan, we've got to talk," Dipper said. "Almost losing my journal made me realize that I'm halfway through the summer, and still no closer to figuring out the big mysteries of Gravity Falls," he said.

I nodded. "Gideon almost destroyed the town to get his hands on the journal. But why?" I asked, rubbing my chin.

Dipper started pacing in front of Mabel and I, who were on her bed. "Who wrote it? Where are all the other journals? What was Bill talking about when he said 'everything was going to change'? There's something HUGE going on right under our noses. And it's time we stop goofing around and get to the bottom of it," he continued.

"Bro, you and Meg looked at that thing for like a bazillion times. There's nothing left to discover! Half the pages are blank, remember?" Mabel said.

I shook my head, took the journal from Dipper and started flipping through its pages. "We just feel like we're one puzzle piece away from figuring out everything," I said and Dipper nodded, looking over my shoulder.

"Don't worry guys!" Mabel said and she lifted up Waddles, who was wearing a detective hat. "Lord Mystery Ham is on the case!" she said. "'I play by me own rules! Wot? Wot?'" she imitated a British Waddles.