"Eh, Mabel's all talk," I said. I love Mabel, I do, but she never goes on about a guy for more than a week. "You wanna know a secret? She's never even kissed a guy before. She always messes it up somehow," I told them.

"Oi. Women," Stan said. "You know, I honestly thought that Mabel would've kissed a guy before you kissed a girl, kid," he told me.

"I know I should be offended by that, but in all honesty, that's what I thought as well," I said.

All of a sudden, Stan got hit in the face with a water balloon. "Aaah!"

"Hey, Mr. Pines!" I heard two voices chorus. We all looked up to see Wendy and Meagan sitting on stilted chairs with a bucket of water balloons. Maybe it's just the hormones talking, but, dang, does Meagan look good in everything?

"Wendy? Meagan? Where are the lifeguards?" Grunkle Stan asked.

"We are the lifeguards," Meagan said.

"We make the rules, sucka!" Wendy said. She chucked another water balloon at him. "Boosh!"

"Aah! She's attacking me with water!" Stan cried as he ran. Meagan and Wendy both chucked a few more at him. We all ended up in laughing fits.

"Wow. You work here?" I asked them, but mostly Meagan.

"We found out lifeguards get free snack privileges," Wendy said.

"Plus, we get the best seats in the house," Meagan added.

"Yeah, you do!" I said, stupidly then started laughing idiotically. Once I realized what I was doing, my eyes widened and stopped. "I've been laughing for too long..." I whispered.

"Dude, are you and Meagan having a secret staring contest? 'Cause I think you're winning-" Soos said to me.

"Soos! Shh!" I hissed and pushed him away. I saw that Meagan was looking at Wendy confusedly. "So, hey, you wanna go chuck more water balloons at Grunkle Stan?" I asked them.

"We'd love to, but we gotta spend the day doing tryouts," Wendy said sadly. "We're looking for a new assistant lifeguard," Meagan said, pointing to a lower seat next to her.

Assistant lifeguard? I see opportunity. Why do I sound like Mabel? Ugh. "Hey," I said then cleared my throat. "Hey," I said again with a lower voice. "What if I was the assistant lifeguard?" I asked.

"That would be so much fun! You're totally in, dude!" Meagan said excitedly as she tossed me a rescue.

"You just have to check in with our boss, Mr. Poolcheck," Wendy said pointing down the pool.

"Your boss?" I asked. I looked at where she was pointing. A muscular man in a red shirt and white shorts was doing pushups...with his index fingers. He turned his head in my direction and I gasped. It was creepy.

Meagan got down from her seat and stood next to me. "I'll take you over," she said. We started walking over to Mr. Poolcheck. "You'll do fine, stop worrying," she whispered to me.

"Do I look nervous?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Oh."

"Mr. Poolcheck!" she called and he turned to look at us. "This is Dipper, he wants to be interviewed to be the assistant lifeguard," Meagan said and he nodded. "Good luck," she told me.

"Now, why do you think you could wade in these dangerous waters?" Mr. Poolcheck asked me.

He started pacing in front of me while I explained myself to him. "...and that is why I think I'd make a good lifeguard assistant," I finished.