Chapter 376

After finishing the chores in the living room, he went to Miyu and Gray's room.

The room was originally designed for guests, so it had complete furnishings, although it appeared relatively plain, with no wallpaper on the walls.

He entered the room where there was a large bed big enough for Gray and Miyu to sleep on together.

Gray was busy organizing her clothes, while Miyu diligently made the bed.

"Knock, knock, knock," he gently tapped on the door.

Both girls turned their attention towards him.

"Are you satisfied with the room?"

"It's... it's perfectly fine. Please don't worry, Fujimaru-sama," Gray twiddled her hands in front of her chest, looking somewhat nervous and stuttering. She wasn't familiar with Shirou and wasn't used to responding to other people's kindness.

Miyu said, "It's okay, please don't worry, um... um..."

She hesitated, troubled expression on her face. She didn't know how to address Shirou.

"You can call me Fujimaru-niisan or Shirou-niisan. No need to be too formal."

She nodded and readily accepted his suggestion.

Shirou's gaze shifted towards Gray, and he gently spoke, "Gray, could you accompany me for a moment?"

"Eh...?" Gray pointed at herself, shrinking back slightly, and cautiously asked, "Me... me?"

He nodded in affirmation.

Gray hesitated for a moment before responding, "Oh, okay..."

She put down her chores and followed him out.

Miyu glanced over at them before lifting her gaze to the moon outside. She pressed her lips together momentarily before resuming her task of making the bed.

She wondered if this place could mark the start of her new life.

Well, it wasn't all that bad. At least in this world, her brother didn't reject her and was actually willing to take her in.

Shirou walked out of the room with Gray.

He slightly lowered his head and looked into Gray's emerald green eyes, "Gray, tonight, let Artoria use your body."

"Ah? Oh... okay..." Gray nodded, but a moment later she said, "I'm sorry, but Her Highness, the King of Knights doesn't want to possess me."

He furrowed his brows and commanded, "Artoria, come out and face me!"

No sooner had the words left his lips than Gray's body convulsed violently, and her eyes fluttered open.

In that instant, her emerald green eyes shimmered, radiating a pure and sacred azure hue.

"Kn-Knight, Artoria, I humbly greet my king!" she knelt before him, her head bowed so low that she dared not raise it to meet his gaze. Her voice quivered, and her entire body trembled.

He glanced at her and asked, "So you finally decided to show yourself and greet me?"

She remained with her head bowed, incapable of raising it or uttering a word, trembling all the while.

Indeed... the all-knowing king had arrived to administer her punishment. She was prepared to face the consequences, yet a flicker of hope remained that the king would not strip her of her knighthood.

But deep down, she knew it might be wishful thinking. She had committed a grave betrayal against the king who had placed his trust in her, and she had failed to protect the kingdom he had poured his heart and soul into building.